Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Basic subscription should support 6 cameras for Arlo pro

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jlheureux
Initiate
Initiate

I recently purchase the Arlo pro 4 wireless camera base station kit plus two arlo Q for a little over grand. After doing extensive research on the VMK3500-100NAS (6 camera system non-pro) the basic service supports all cameras. I figured by buying the pro kit and two additional arlo Q's it too would support the six cameras under the basic service (which it does not). The basic service only supports 5 cameras and requires $9.99 to add the additional camera.I am very disappointed about this and have called customer service to no avail. I am at the point of returning the entire system along with the extra camera stand and skins because I feel I am being milked out cash, especially if I can buy an inferior version of the system and can get the support for 6 cameras but not with the pro. I like that fact that I can add a hard drive to the system for archive and have no reason for addition cloud serivce, since this is for my home and not a business. Why sell an inferior system that supports six cameras with the basic service and not off the same service for the pro customer. I have five days before I have to return the system to best buy and will probably return the system because of this lack of support.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Frankly,the specs are out there for all to see.  It's written in stone and you had the chance/choice to figure it out before purchasing. It is what it is. The vast majority of us have accepted it. If you're still interested, there's ways around this.

Sharkydog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got caught with the same issue. I was told in the store that the Q cameras were independent and I could buy as many of them as I wanted and hook them to the same acct.  Apparently NOT!  Really crappy (and sarcastic) support experience as well. 

That said, I've heard I can link/share 2 acccounts.  How do i do this?  Anyone know?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Settings, Grant Access.