Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

UK text message alert

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nick1983
Follower
Follower

So i just bought Arlo and love it already. The one thing i was keen to do was get text message notifications and it appears there are solutions posted for US based users but i couldnt find anything that would work in the UK.

The best solution i found was using textlocal.com which charge about 6p per text depending how many you buy at once. Very cool service as you can get the text message to send through the subject line and who has sent it. So my message appears - From "Home" and the text message content "Arlo has detected motion". You can either have it sent to one or multiple phones if you create a group. So one email from Arlo can = lots of texts without you doing anything. Perfect

The cheaper solution 1.8p per text is smsbroadcast.co.uk. Works in the same way but you literally get a load of garble text to you. I guess all you need is something as a notification and you know what it is. Just depends how tidy you want it to look i guess.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the information. You may also find this article helpful: How can I receive text notifications from my Arlo system instead of email notifications?

JamesC