Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Apn orbi

rebeccadeas1986
Aspirant

Apn orbi

Something happened and I can’t get my Orbi to connect. On the app, it asks for apn name and password. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? It’s been working fine for a long time and now it’s like it’s kicked me off and nothing is working.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Apn orbi

Which orbi model do you have? Is this a cell phone service supporting orbi LBR? 

Message 2 of 5
rebeccadeas1986
Aspirant

It’s this one. It uses a tmobile sim through rv-4g. We are full timer RVers. It’s never done this before. My debit card got hacked so I had to get a new card. Reactivated the service and the Orbi app refuses to connect at the “Checking LTE” part.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, so I think you'll need to use a Pc or laptop and web browser to log into the LBR and get it setup with whom ever the cell service provider you went with. You may have to call them up and ask for the APN information. They will have this info. 

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for providing the screen shots.  @FURRYe38 is right.  The LBR20 needs to know the information to allow the SIM to connect to a cell phone network.  The comment about "My debit card got hacked so I had to get a new card. Reactivated the service" sound like there is an issue that needs to be resolved with the cell provider (T-Mobile, AT&T,.....etc.)  When the LBR20 was first put into service, this information would have been required, so it sounds as if "Reactivated the service" means there was something more than updating a debit card number on the account.  (Maybe you have a new account number? New APN?)

The screen shot creates an impression that the Orbi app itself may be able to enter the cell provider information.  We complain a lot about things the app cannot do, so it would be interesting to learn if the app can set up cell service on an LBR20 without using the web interface.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7