Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost all satelites after updating firmware to the latest

Tange
Follower

Lost all satelites after updating firmware to the latest

I have a NBK752 set, and 2 additional NBS750 satelites. I updated firmware of the router to V4.6.5.11_1.5.64 and all satelites to V4.6.14.3 recently. After that all satelites were shown as disconnected in attached devices list. I tried rebooting them in variant of order, and resetting the salelites and re-add them, but the symptom persisted. In the end I deleted all satelites and reset the router, but now I'm not able to add any satelites to the system. Actually all satelites are in a weird state right now. When I reboot any satelite, it actually shows solid blue as if it's connected; and if I open the satelite's webpage, it shows the same wifi settings as the router, and there are devices connected. It seems to me that all the satelites are actually synced, or at least they believe they're in sync with the router but the router doesn't think so...

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Lost all satelites after updating firmware to the latest

I have a strong suspicion that updating the satellites has caused this situation.  There was a post just recently where the solution turned out to be that the RBS750 satellites packaged with a "plain" RBR750 router do not have the same firmware as the RBS750 satellites packaged with the NBR750.

I would try downloading satellite firmware from this web page and loading it onto those three satellites using the Firmware Update menu item on each satellite web page.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/NBK752.aspx#download 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7