Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi LBR20 cannot connect to the Internet

jeremynichols
Aspirant

Orbi LBR20 cannot connect to the Internet

I have a new AT&T LTE account to use with my Orbi LBR20 router. The SIM card is new and correct according to AT&T. I can connect to the router via WiFi and the Orbi app on my iPhone SE and iPad 6. All appears to be working correctly except the magenta light is on—the router cannot connect to the Internet. The router has been reset to "factory original." I do not know the Orbi firmware revision and cannot retrieve it since I cannot connect to the Internet. The Orbi was purchased in November 2020 so it is not old. The router has been previously used (with a different SIM card) so I know it's good. I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with AT&T trying to figure out what's wrong. Would appreciate suggestions as to what else to try. 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
jeremynichols
Aspirant

Re: Orbi LBR20 cannot connect to the Internet

Solved the problem. A friend suggested the Orbi had been 'contaminated' by the previous SIM card. Accordingly, I powered off Orbi and removed the SIM card, then powered up Orbi and did both a software reset (using the Orbi app) and a hardware reset (push the little switch with a paperclip). Then I powered off Orbi, inserted the new SIM card, powered up and did a complete restart of Orbi. After I reset the APN to "Broadband," Orbi connected to AT&T's LTE signal and all is well. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
jeremynichols
Aspirant

Re: Orbi LBR20 cannot connect to the Internet

Solved the problem. A friend suggested the Orbi had been 'contaminated' by the previous SIM card. Accordingly, I powered off Orbi and removed the SIM card, then powered up Orbi and did both a software reset (using the Orbi app) and a hardware reset (push the little switch with a paperclip). Then I powered off Orbi, inserted the new SIM card, powered up and did a complete restart of Orbi. After I reset the APN to "Broadband," Orbi connected to AT&T's LTE signal and all is well. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7