Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi NBK752: Unable to use WAN port as LAN in mobile only mode

redsun82
Aspirant

Orbi NBK752: Unable to use WAN port as LAN in mobile only mode

I just got the NBK752 kit today, and I have set it up for mobile only connection. Everything works, except the WAN/LAN port refuses to behave as a LAN port. I did double check that the "Only LTE" mode is the selected one, however connecting my PC to the WAN/LAN port results in no wired connection, while connecting it (using the same cable) to any of the other two ports works perfectly. I would really like to use all three ports, without needing an additional switch.

Any way I can troubleshoot this? My PC is a Linux one.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

I wasn't aware it could be used as a lan port. Maybe I'm wrong but usually with these it acts as a lan port if ran in AP mode where your LTE wouldn't work. 

Message 2 of 5
redsun82
Aspirant

Hmm, I got this info from this review
https://www.zdnet.com/home-and-office/networking/netgear-orbi-5g-wifi-6-mesh-system-nbk752-review/

> Alternatively, the 'LTE-Only' mode relies purely on mobile broadband and lets the WAN port act as an additional LAN port for wired connections.

But it's true I can't find any mention of this in the user manual.

I'll try if I can do something on the root console, I've enabled SSH access to the router.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Is there any WAN port configuration seen on the NBRs web page under Advanced Tab/Setup/Internet or WAN setup menu options? 

I see the spec sheet says the WAN port could be used as a 'Failover' port. 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

That was my understanding as well that it could be used for failover or if it was setup in AP mode option. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7