Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Fail-Over Notification

rmpee
Tutor

Fail-Over Notification

I just bought the LBR20, and it is working fine.  Does anyone know if there is a method to be notified when the primary WAN fails and it switches over to LTE.  I would like a push notification, text, or email.  Is that possible?  

Also, in case a product support person sees this and can forward to the app team.... can the Orbi app add an improvement show what connection is active on the landing page?

Message 1 of 6
burrington
Star

I posed this exact same question a couple months ago and have received no answers whatsoever. I think it's a very BIG hole in the feature set. Hopefully someone will respond.

Message 2 of 6
rmpee
Tutor

I did stumble upon that on the landing page for the orbi app it shows the connections that are currently connected. When I disconnected the cable modem and went to the orbi app via anywhere access, it showed only the cellular symbol. After I connected the cable modem back in, it showed the RJ45 connector symbol.

Now they just need to provide active notification vs passive notification.
Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

This is being discussed and no ETA at this stage. 

We recommend posting your suggestion on our Idea Exchange board. Our Product Managers review the board for great ideas to be implemented in future releases.

Link is https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Robinson06
Aspirant

@rmpee wrote:

I just bought the LBR20, and it is working fine.  Does anyone know if there is a method to be notified when the primary WAN fails and it switches over to LTE.  I would like a push notification, text, or email.  Is that possible?  

Also, in case a product support person sees this and can forward to the app team.... can the Orbi app add an improvement show what connection is active on the landing page?

Thanks for the posting I'll be sure to keep an eye on this Walgreenslistens thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

Message 5 of 6
theluke79
Aspirant

I am astonished for the lack of this feature...it is beyond BASIC to provide a notification when WAN1 is not working and LTE kicks in...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7