Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NBK750 Connector Types

CN_
Aspirant
Aspirant

NBK750 Connector Types

Can anyone tell me what the connector type is that connects the external (and internal) antennas to the Orbi's modem?  (inside of the Orbi)

Specifically looking at the external antenna connectors - they are SMA on one side, then connect to the modem with what looks like some sort of MHF connector. Anybody know what the specific connector is?  They are roughly 1.8mm outer diameter and 1.05mm tall.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NBK750 Connector Types

Looks like SMA connectors on the NBR unit:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/NBK752/NBK752_NA_DS.pdf

Message 2 of 6
CN_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, on the outside. If you read my post - I want to know the connector type at the other end of those SMA connectors, inside of the Orbi (Note: it is not SMA).
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Well, not sure about that. Nobody opens up the case and goes inside to see what the internals are. Doing that would void warranty and could damage the unit. Would be no user need to do anything from a internal use standpoint. 

You might try looking at the FCC web site to see if they show the NBK750 in there list and generally, they have internal pictures. 

I have seen some pictures and some are a quick disconnect kind of tiny wired connector that connects to the board from the antenna. 

Possible one of these: https://www.data-alliance.net/mhf-series-mhf1-mhf3-mhf4/

Message 4 of 6
CN_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, MHF is what I got down to too. I'll have to open it back up and retake my measurements.
Message 5 of 6
CN_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, just opening the back shouldn't violate any warning - it is a single screw, without any preventative warranty sticker.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7