Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No streaming service on smart TVs with Orbi LBR20

Wkmendoza
Aspirant

No streaming service on smart TVs with Orbi LBR20

I just purchased my parents the ORBI LBR20 for use with their Tmobile LTE internet service. They live in a rural area and don't have any other internet options and the mobile hotspot that came with their service doesn't broadcast very far. The ORBI wifi network have given them awesome range in the house and increased internet speeds on iphones, ipads, and computers. On all apple devices including MacBook I can connect and stream on Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, Hulu etc., but on all SmartTvs (1 Samsung and 3 FireTVs) I get errors that apps can't connect on tv. I have rebooted all devices and I have logged out of apps on all devices and still no access to streaming services on TVs. Doing speedtest on Orbi app and on computer show 50-60 mbps download. So that should not be causing connectivity issues. Also Armor or Circle is not enabled. When I put SIM back into the T-Mobile hotspot and we are able to watch all services again on all of the TVs.
Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: No streaming service on smart TVs with Orbi LBR20

Hi @Wkmendoza

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the firmware version of the router? 

Please provide the device SKU (e.g. LBR20-100NAS). 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Wkmendoza
Aspirant

Maybe the SKU is LBR20 ORBI 6.  I don't see anythingon the device or the box that says SKU.

The SN is 6G51xxxxxxxxx

Firmware is v2.6.4.6

Thanks,

Kristeen

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @Wkmendoza

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the firmware version of the router? 

Please provide the device SKU (e.g. LBR20-100NAS). 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Wkmendoza

Thank you for responding. 

You mentioned that using a T-mobile hotspot, streaming services are working. On the T-mobile hotspot setting, please check the APN information and use that on the LBR20. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Wkmendoza

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7