Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50 Satellite

orbiabhi
Follower

Orbi RBS50 Satellite

I have an Orbi Mesh system using an Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router RBR50v2. My issue is the router and the one of the satellite is updated to firmware version V2.7.4.24, however the one satellite RBS50 (satellite 2) did not update and is on firmware version V2.7.3.22

Due to this satellite 2 does not connect to the network. I have tried the following solutions, but non of them seem to work:

- Disconnected all wires, shut down and restart. Tried pressing the sync button on both router and satellite after the restart, but still have a flashing white on the satellite.

- I tried to reset the satellite pressing the reset button, still does not connect

- I tried logging onto orbilogin to manually push an update, however under firmware it says satellite 2 waiting for connection and it does not show up as an option for manual update

- I tried connecting the satellite to my computer using an RJ45 wired connection and using a browser tried to connect using an old IP it showed on the app, but it connects to satellite 1 and not satellite 2.

I'm not sure how I can update the firmware on satellite 2, when it does not connect to the router or the network. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RBS50 Satellite

Hi orbiabhi,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!!!

I understand that one of your RBS50s did not update to the current firmware v2.7.4.24 which resulted in compatibility issues with your RBR50. 

Thank you for bringing issue this to our attention please check your PM so I can further assist you.

Look forward to hearing from you!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7