Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade LBR20 to 2.7.5.4 via Orbi App

StKittsUser
Tutor

Upgrade LBR20 to 2.7.5.4 via Orbi App

Has anyone been able to upgrade to the latest firmware (2.7.5.4) from the current Orbi app.

I have tried a couple of times and the orbi app (v2.20.2.2506) insists that there is no update for v2.6.5.32 currently running on my LBR20.

The ever so helpful person on the chat via paid support initially said "it must have upgraded automatically, that's the current firmware" until I called them out by providing them with their own download URL for the new image.

This would be sorta almost acceptable except for the fact that this upgrade is for a fairly large number of security issues, including some that look like they could be remote execution issues
Message 1 of 7
burrington
Star

Re: Upgrade LBR20 to 2.7.5.4 via Orbi App

Interesting... my LBR20 is sitting on version V2.5.2.20 and insists there are no updates. I better look into doing manual updates to see if that works.

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

Have you tried updating manually through the browser and not using the app?

Message 3 of 7
burrington
Star

I was able to upgrade to V2.7.5.4 by downloading and doing a manual update from the web screen. Kind of disappointing that the auto-update thought there were no updates...

Message 4 of 7
StKittsUser
Tutor

That would probably work, but isn't much of a solution when the router is 6 hours away, it's in a remote rental property, hence LTE as the backhaul solution...

One of the benefits I was sold on was the ability for the orbi app to manage the router even when I was not physically present, and that it works even in CGNAT scenarios.

Message 5 of 7
burrington
Star

I haven't had need for it so haven't tried it, but I thought there was a way to remotely access the router via the web also?..

Message 6 of 7
StKittsUser
Tutor

Yep, that apparently also does not work correctly....
See attachment clearly showing that there is no update, as well as the older version is the running version
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7