Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 3.2.9.2 Orbi Wifi 6 router not showing Satellites in the app and also in orbilogin website

fraczek12345
Aspirant

3.2.9.2 Orbi Wifi 6 router not showing Satellites in the app and also in orbilogin website

3.2.9.2 Orbi Wifi 6 router not showing Satellites in the app and also not in orbilogin website. When I check the map or attached devices there's only my router and nothing else but they work fine. I did a reboot many times. I also did a hard reset on both - router and satellites but nothing help. Before I had older version of firmware on satellites and it worked fine so I think that after update the problems started. 

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 3.2.9.2 Orbi Wifi 6 router not showing Satellites in the app and also in orbilogin website

Well having the RBS not on the same FW can be one problem. 

You might factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. If this still happens after the reset, swap around the RBS to see if the disconnection problem follows. If it does, then possible faulty RBS maybe at play here. 

I just loaded v10 FW on my system in AP mode. Both RBS show connected. I didn't factlry reset mine though. One is wireless, One is wire connected. Shows correctly in the Orbi app. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-SAMSUNG-TV-BT/m-p/1861347/highlight/true#M1283

Try this if your interested. 

If your phone is connected to the RBS that are wire connected to the RBR, it will appar as a wire connected device. If you connect the phone to the RBR, it should appear as wireless. This is normal 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Do they show and disconnected? Or don't show at all?

What browser are you using? Try IE11, Firefox or Opera? 

When you reset the system, did you factory reset the RBS and RBR then setup from scratch? Walk thru the setup wizard with a wire connected PC and web browser? 

@fraczek12345 wrote:

3.2.9.2 Orbi Wifi 6 router not showing Satellites in the app and also not in orbilogin website. When I check the map or attached devices there's only my router and nothing else but they work fine. I did a reboot many times. I also did a hard reset on both - router and satellites but nothing help. Before I had older version of firmware on satellites and it worked fine so I think that after update the problems started. 

Message 2 of 9
fraczek12345
Aspirant

They are not visible at all, well there is one RBS850 in “Devices” but it’s not showing up in Network Map or attached devices. Other 3 satellites are nowhere to be found - they work fine but they are not on the map nor in devices.

Do they show and disconnected? Or don't show at all?
- they’re nowhere to be found but they are connected by the cable and the work fine. But since they’re not on any list how can I check their firmware? How can I update them or check which device is using which satellite? I can’t.

What browser are you using? Try IE11, Firefox or Opera?
- I tried the iOS app, Chrome and Firefox - both on Windows and on MacOS.

When you reset the system, did you factory reset the RBS and RBR then setup from scratch? Walk thru the setup wizard with a wire connected PC and web browser?
- that’s what I did. First I just tried rebooting all - router and satellites (all my satellites are connected by the Ethernet cable to my router (cat 6a). Then I did a factory reset A FEW TIMES of my router and all my satellites. Nothing helped...
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, lets try this. Turn OFF all RBS. Take one and place it in the same room or near the RBR, 10 feet will be ok. Turn ON the RBS and let it sync wirelessly. Does the 1 RBS show up in the RBRs UI. If so, Turn on the 2nd RBS, I guess leave it at its remote location if it's aroudn 30 feet away from the RBR. Let it sync wirelessly. Does it show up? 

Are the RBS directly connected to the back of the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between? 

Message 4 of 9
fraczek12345
Aspirant

I tried it your way but nothing - it’s Still showing me only 1 satellite but only in Devices - not as a satellite.

They are all connected to the back of RBR.

Also: internet works fine but when I logged in to the website orbilogin - it shows me “error: not connected”. It’s starting to look like a joke for 1000€ 😕
Message 5 of 9
fraczek12345
Aspirant

Ok, something weird happened - after seeing this “error: not connected” I clicked on it and then I clicked on “test”... after a minute or two magically all my satellites showed up in my newtork’s map and in attached devices. Also “error...” changed to “status: good”! So yay! I was happy... for a moment.

I went to check the firmware: it showed me that my router has the newest 3.2.9.2 firmware but all my satellites still have 3.2.8.5. When I tried to check if there’s a new firmware:
- for router I see “service unreachable” all the time...
- for satellites I see “No new firmware available”... really Netgear?:)

So I Downloaded and updated all my satellites manually but after doing that they couldn’t find my router and my router suddenly also stopped working... So I rebooted all my devices and they started to work fine BUT... again they were missing on my devices list and also in networks map... so I did the same as before - I clicked on “status: good” and then I clicked on “test” - this helped. But it shouldn’t be this way. It should be easy. I’m not paying 1000€ for nothing. Is there a way to report this thread to Netgear’s team?

Also: the website and the app shows my iPhone 11 Pro Max as... wired connection:)
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Well having the RBS not on the same FW can be one problem. 

You might factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. If this still happens after the reset, swap around the RBS to see if the disconnection problem follows. If it does, then possible faulty RBS maybe at play here. 

I just loaded v10 FW on my system in AP mode. Both RBS show connected. I didn't factlry reset mine though. One is wireless, One is wire connected. Shows correctly in the Orbi app. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-SAMSUNG-TV-BT/m-p/1861347/highlight/true#M1283

Try this if your interested. 

If your phone is connected to the RBS that are wire connected to the RBR, it will appar as a wire connected device. If you connect the phone to the RBR, it should appear as wireless. This is normal 

Message 7 of 9
fraczek12345
Aspirant

I did factory reset to this whole set a few times now. I don’t know... maybe I’ll try once more.

There’s another problem: now when I see all of my satellites in the app and on the website - my router is constantly blinking white led. To stop this I have to reboot it but then I lose all my satellites in the app. So I don’t know what’s more annoying 😉

Thanks for your help 🙂 maybe tomorrow I’ll reset everything again and let you know how it went.
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7