Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AT&T GIGA FIBER 1000

mrwkbrdr
Star

AT&T GIGA FIBER 1000

Upgraded my RBR50 to the new RBR840 AX and started having issues streaming movies using prime video, HBO GO, Showtime anytime, (SONY TV). Directv DVR movie downloads would fail every time and never download. I also could not DW large files using PC, MAC. My speed tests were blazing fast when tested using speed test on PC, MAC. 

Service: ATT giga fiber 1000

My ATT modem Pace 5268AC setup in DMZ+ in which I had never had any of the issues listed above with my prior RBR50. I tried several different FW versions, resets to factory settings, wired connections etc.. on the new RBR840. I reset the Pace 5268AC. When direct wire to the Pace 5268AC the problems listed above would no longer be present. If I placed the RBR840 into AP mode the problems listed above were resolved. After researching forums, communities I only found way too many different potential solutions that did not resolve my issues. I was ready to return my new RBR840. I decided to have ATT swap my Pace 5268AC to a BGW210. 

Had to have an ATT tech appointment, they kept sending the new BGW210 without a power cord. Frustrating! Tech came and swapped out the Pace 5268AC with a BGW210.

After the tech left I configured true IP pass through on the BGW210. One re-boot on the RBR840. Fantastic RESOLVED!

Issues were all resolved. All the previous mentioned download, streaming issues were immediately resolved.

Posting this as an FYI for anyone who may have the same service provider and equipment issues. Hopefully other NG users can see that not all problems are with NG equipment.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AT&T GIGA FIBER 1000

Seen issues with the older PACE modems causing problems or FW on the PACE the cause:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBK50-Speed-Throttling-Wired-and-Wireless/td-p/1673291/jump-to...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7