Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX6000 Wired Satellite Limit

lw187
Guide

AX6000 Wired Satellite Limit

Hi 4 satellites (RBS850) won’t be a problem for wired backhaul when paired with RBS850? Is that consensus?
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you can use the RBS50s as wired RBSs. Unfortuneately, they are not compatible wirelesslly yet. No idea when or if that will happen.

Try connecting one of them wired first to the RBR and see if it connects and syncs, if so then just connect the others. if they don't then factory reset them then connect. I think they should sync either way. 

I would first run the Orbi AX with out to see if you really need any additional RBS. 

30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You mean connected behind the RBR850? Yes, you can have them all connected via ethernet to the RBR. 

Message 2 of 8
lw187
Guide

Yes, exactly. thank you

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You mean connected behing the RBR850? Yes, you can have them all connected via ethernet to the RBR. 

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
lw187
Guide

Thank you for all your contributions in these boards. 

One more question for. I've got an RBR50 and three RBS50s, right now. 

I'd like to migrate over to the RBR850/RBS850 setup, but am limited in how many RBS850s I can purchase right now (3 pack bundle unavailable, the 850S is unavailable for purchase). 

Would there be any issue in setting up the RBR850, using one RBS850 and my three old RBS50s, all hardwired to RBR850? 

If so, would I need to first remove each RBS50 from the old RBR50? Would I need to factory restore each of them, as well?

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you can use the RBS50s as wired RBSs. Unfortuneately, they are not compatible wirelesslly yet. No idea when or if that will happen.

Try connecting one of them wired first to the RBR and see if it connects and syncs, if so then just connect the others. if they don't then factory reset them then connect. I think they should sync either way. 

I would first run the Orbi AX with out to see if you really need any additional RBS. 

30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 6 of 8
lw187
Guide

Thank you so much 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors