Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Add X6S to Orbi wifi 6?

brainguynyc
Tutor

Add X6S to Orbi wifi 6?

Hello. I bricked my R9000 due to a flood from above drenching it. However, my X6S extender is fine. I'm about to install an Orbi WiFi 6 with one satellite. My question: will it be possible to incorporate the X6S into the Orbi mesh as a second satellite?

Thanks.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Add X6S to Orbi wifi 6?

As an integrated part of the orbi with orbi controlling it? no

Can you attach it in extender mode? probably? I can't say it 100% as I don't have the Orbi AX. I do have the EX8000 and have attached it to my RBK53 system at times for testing. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Add X6S to Orbi wifi 6?

I would contact NG support to see if this is possible. I now that some other EX models would not work until NG gave out some beta FW to help them work on Orbi AC. I.e my EX7700s. Other users talked about EX7300s and NG helped make them work with Orbi AC. 

Orbi AX is still maturing and may not currenly support EXs right now. NG is supposed to make RBS50s wirelessly compatible. Not sure when that will happen. 

@brainguynyc wrote:

Hello. I bricked my R9000 due to a flood from above drenching it. However, my X6S extender is fine. I'm about to install an Orbi WiFi 6 with one satellite. My question: will it be possible to incorporate the X6S into the Orbi mesh as a second satellite?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7