Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding New Orbi RBX22

Chadx25
Follower

Adding New Orbi RBX22

Hello, I have a Nighthawk X6 AC3000 WiFi Router Model R7900 attached to my modem with ethernet cable on 2nd floor. The Desk top (Mac)  is next to this unit and a  Epson printer . On 3rd Floor there are two laptops being used and 2 -3 cellular phones also a  printer.  On 1st Floor is  X box, Nintendo Switch .  We have Net Flix throught out the house to watch and download movies.  Can  I hook up Orbi Satellite on 1st floor to improve my WiFi signal? If so, is this a easy install?  I do not want to run any hard cable from 2nd Fl router to Orbi Satelitte.  Can I just use the exsisting Wifi signal that is coming from Nighthawk Router? House is made of woodframe, sheetrock, carpeted floors etc.  My current download speed 93.5 to 94 mb/s and upload speed 11.5 to 11.9 mb/s.

Message 1 of 2
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Adding New Orbi RBX22

Short answer:  No

You can only use Orbi satellites when they (one or more) are paired with an Orbi router.  Without an Orbi router, the satellites are useless.

You should also typically only have one router in your network.  If you decide to attach an orbi system to your existing router, you need to configure that Orbi system in Access Point (AP) mode instead of router mode.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7