Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After 6 mos of no problems Orbi contantly offline usually early morning.

ssohata
Aspirant

After 6 mos of no problems Orbi contantly offline usually early morning.

After 6+ mos of no problems my Orbi RBK753 is constantly offline and I am rebooting it 1-2 a week.   Is that normal?  My modem is a Netgear CM1200 that I bought directly from Netgear at the same time (July 2020).  I've done full reboot and just rebooting Orbi.  It's usually in the morning 4-7am HST.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: After 6 mos of no problems Orbi contantly offline usually early morning.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)?

Message 2 of 4
ssohata
Aspirant

the firm is 3.2.16.22_1.4.9. I believe it's current.  I don't know how to change channels but I'll search forum and try.

as for neighbors with WiFi am pretty sure all our neighbors have WiFi.

as for the distance my best estimate is 25'.  It's a 2-story house.  Router is on a shelf around 2' from ceiling.  The two satellites are upstairs on each end of house.

thank you for your reply.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

@ssohata wrote:

the firm is 3.2.16.22_1.4.9. I believe it's current.  

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBR750-RBS750-Series-Firmware-Version-v3-2-17-12-Releas...

I don't know how to change channels but I'll search forum and try.

Log into the RBRs web page using a wired/wireless connected PC or laptop and you can change channels on under the Basic/Wireless settings section.

as for neighbors with WiFi am pretty sure all our neighbors have WiFi.

as for the distance my best estimate is 25'.  30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. 

It's a 2-story house.  Router is on a shelf around 2' from ceiling.  The two satellites are upstairs on each end of house.

thank you for your reply.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7