Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ambient Weather WS-1001 Connection

DBV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ambient Weather WS-1001 Connection

SInce getting my AX6000, I am unable to connect my Ambient Weather WS-1001 weather console to the Orbi.  I never had this issue with my previous Orbi's.  Anyone else have a similar issues and if so, how did you solve it?

I did try disconnecting the satellite, but that did not work either.

Thanks for the help!  

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ambient Weather WS-1001 Connection

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling AX mode on the RBR...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 5
DBV
Apprentice
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Wow - thank you so much!  Disabling AX mode work!  This has been driving me crazy since I purchased this router in Dec..  LOL

Will I loses any functionality by disabling AX mode?  

Thanks again!  🙂

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. If you don't have any AX mode devices yet, you'll be fine. At somepoint, try enabled AX mode after you have had the WS device connected to see if it remains connected after AX mode is re-enabled.

Message 4 of 5
Mikey94025
Hero

@DBV wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Wow - thank you so much!  Disabling AX mode work!  This has been driving me crazy since I purchased this router in Dec..  LOL

Will I loses any functionality by disabling AX mode?  

Yes, disabling AX mode loses some of the key functionality of your new Orbi AX and newer Wifi-6 clients (like iPhone 11) will not benefit.  I recommend trying FURRYe38's recommendation of setting CTS/RTS to 2347.  That fixes a lot of wireless compatibility issues with the Orbi AX.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7