Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Android App Unable to Connect to AX6000 intermittently

Chuck_M
Mentor

Android App Unable to Connect to AX6000 intermittently

I have noticed that the Orbi App (Android) sometimes allows access/connection to my AX6000 and other times it does not and reports it "disconnected".   

When running the app on the WAN (not the LAN), it shows the products I own... and in there it lists the RBR853.

Sometimes it will have a red dot next to it and report "Disconnected" and other times it will have a green dot and allow you to connect to it.

I had originally thought that remote assistance wasnt checked, but it is.  ALso checked is the "Any IP" button.

Does anyone else have this intermittent condition that does not allow remote control, admin and viewing of your RBR853?

Is this on the standing bug list?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Android App Unable to Connect to AX6000 intermittently

Yes, I see the same issue.

Workaround is that after every time you restart the Orbi router you need to disable "Remote Management" in the app settings and enable again.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I haven't seen this with my Tab S2 pad. Though it's been a while since looking at it. 

Let us know if this still happens after the FW update. I'd reset and setup from scratch again if after applying the update and you still continue to see this problem. 

Message 2 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

After several factory resets of the RBS850 (with new firmware), this behavior remains and is constant.  I am unable to control or monitor the AX6000 via the Orbi app when on the WAN -- accessing the system Remotely.

Once connecting wirelessly within the LAN, the app works as advertised.

Again, my setup is simple -- Cox Cable modem directly connected to Orbi.   Remote access option is checked.  Router has no VPNs etc.

It has previously worked -- but was intermittent often reporting "disconnected".

Now the "Disconnected" entry appears continuously.

I have deleted app, reinstalled several times (the defnition of insanity expecting a different outcome).

Since the new firmware came out, i havent been able to connect with app outside of the LAN.  Is this a coincidence or a cause?

Can others please test this?

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

This is a known issue. 

Message 4 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

Makes me feel better that it's not "just me".  +1

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

"Your Not Alone" - Olive

Message 6 of 10
ekhalil
Master

Yes, I see the same issue.

Workaround is that after every time you restart the Orbi router you need to disable "Remote Management" in the app settings and enable again.

Message 7 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

Please do check for new firmware v3.2.8.5_1.2.3.

This firmware addresses the following bugs:

Fixes an issue where the Japanese Orbi models failed to install with a PPPoE WAN connection

Fixes an installation issue that occurs if the user unplugs the WAN Ethernet cable and performs the installation

Fixes an issue with changing the wireless region from Europe to another country

Fixes a language detection issue during installation

Fixes an issue where the remote management feature in the Orbi app does not working if the system reboots

Fixes an issue where the Ethernet backhaul satellite might not reboot when rebooting the whole Orbi system

Fixes an issue with the DHCP IP reservation if there are more than 60 clients

Fixes an issue where the guest network could not be configured in WPA3-Personal security mode.

Fixes an issue where the Ethernet backhaul satellite might fail to change its wireless settings.

NOTE: The said firmware is not yet available in the support site but already uploaded on the update server. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 8 of 10
DoctorA
Luminary

I have the new new firmware v3.2.8.5_1.2.3 but iphone app still is not working. Forced closing the app or reinstalling it doesn't help either. I tried to login with 2 iphones, Xs Max and iphone 6.
So the problem is not from the adroid or iphone devices. rebooting the router doesn't help.

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi, All, 

Please do check for new firmware v3.2.8.5_1.2.3.

This firmware addresses the following bugs:

Fixes an issue where the Japanese Orbi models failed to install with a PPPoE WAN connection

Fixes an installation issue that occurs if the user unplugs the WAN Ethernet cable and performs the installation

Fixes an issue with changing the wireless region from Europe to another country

Fixes a language detection issue during installation

Fixes an issue where the remote management feature in the Orbi app does not working if the system reboots

Fixes an issue where the Ethernet backhaul satellite might not reboot when rebooting the whole Orbi system

Fixes an issue with the DHCP IP reservation if there are more than 60 clients

Fixes an issue where the guest network could not be configured in WPA3-Personal security mode.

Fixes an issue where the Ethernet backhaul satellite might fail to change its wireless settings.

NOTE: The said firmware is not yet available in the support site but already uploaded on the update server. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 9 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

Thanks.... auto updated here... seems smooth so far.  Time to test it out.  Glad to see the list above; thanks for including that.

Chuck

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7