Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Any update for Orbi AX work with Orbi RBS50 satellites wireless connection ?

yunhao
Tutor

Any update for Orbi AX work with Orbi RBS50 satellites wireless connection ?

I wish to have faster connection speed on my satelites, therefore I buy this new Orbi AX6000 set

Here is my problem, my old setting is Orbi Router(AP) -> 1F Satelites -> B1F& 2F Satelites (2 unit) all done in wireless

it works fine but mid-slow internet speed.

I'm tring replace Orbi AX as my old Orbi router and 1F Satelites, but it didn't work wireless with other old satelites (RBS50)

Is there any firmware to fix this wireless connection issue

Thank you so much

T

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Any update for Orbi AX work with Orbi RBS50 satellites wireless connection ?

as of right now, RBS-50s only work with the RBR850 if they are hardwired.

Netgear is reportedly working on making them wirelessly compatible, but for the time being, wireless backhaul does not work between an RBS50 and an RBR850

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Any update for Orbi AX work with Orbi RBS50 satellites wireless connection ?

as of right now, RBS-50s only work with the RBR850 if they are hardwired.

Netgear is reportedly working on making them wirelessly compatible, but for the time being, wireless backhaul does not work between an RBS50 and an RBR850

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

NG won't announce when they will make the RBS50 compatible. You'll just have to keep checking the release notes for each FW update.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7