Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ax4200 not connecting to ISP device if in modem mode

ChrisGo75
Follower

Ax4200 not connecting to ISP device if in modem mode

I jsut setup my Ax4200 and have it connected to my ISP device (Virgin Media Hub 3). It works fine if the ISP device is in router mode but when i switch it to modem mode, teh Orbi can't seem to connect to the device. I tested my laptop and ethernet cable into the device and that works so i know in modem-mode the ISP device does work.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Ax4200 not connecting to ISP device if in modem mode

It wouldn't be the first report of a virgin media hub not functioning properly in modem only/passthrough mode. 

You could try putting the orbi's IP address into the virgin media's DMZ while in router mode. 

Or you could just use the orbi in access point mode with the virgin media in router mode (disable its wifi)

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ax4200 not connecting to ISP device if in modem mode

Power OFF both Modem and RBR for 30 seconds then back on with the modem then RBR? 

@ChrisGo75 wrote:

I jsut setup my Ax4200 and have it connected to my ISP device (Virgin Media Hub 3). It works fine if the ISP device is in router mode but when i switch it to modem mode, teh Orbi can't seem to connect to the device. I tested my laptop and ethernet cable into the device and that works so i know in modem-mode the ISP device does work.

Any thoughts?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7