Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I use my existing AX6000 AX8 Wif Fi 6 Router with my new Orbi 6 WiFi Mesh RBK852 Router?

americantoys
Follower

Can I use my existing AX6000 AX8 Wif Fi 6 Router with my new Orbi 6 WiFi Mesh RBK852 Router?

I was previously running an AX6000 AX8 WiFi 6 Router. I now set up the new Orbi 6 WiFi Mesh RBK852 router and it works great. Much faster, easier, etc., But I was wondering if I could integrate the earlier AX8 with the Orbi Mesh to run as a satellite (not as an independent system), or even as a wired node? The Orbi would still be primary.

Second question.....is there a separates Mesh satellite (without the router) or outdoor satelitte (two different uses) for the Orbi 6 RBK852, and if not, would I be able to use the exitisng hardware available for the Orbi 3. Should I wait to see if something for the Orbi 6 RBK852 will be forthcoming?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can I use my existing AX6000 AX8 Wif Fi 6 Router with my new Orbi 6 WiFi Mesh RBK852 Router?

Do you mean the RAX model series NG router? If so, then no, the RAX series can only run in router, AP or wireless bridge mode. It can't act as a Orbi satellite. If you still want to use it with the Orbi AX system, wireless bridge mode would be recommended. Wired AP mode can be configured on the RAX as well. 

Please post about this here in the RAX forum for that model router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

NG I believe will be making the RBSY outdoor satellite compatible at some point. We don't know when that will happen nor do we know if or when NG will be producing a AX version of the outdoor satellite. You'll have to keep an eye out on NG web page for updates and new product intro's. 

Good Luck. 

@americantoys wrote:

I was previously running an AX6000 AX8 WiFi 6 Router. I now set up the new Orbi 6 WiFi Mesh RBK852 router and it works great. Much faster, easier, etc., But I was wondering if I could integrate the earlier AX8 with the Orbi Mesh to run as a satellite (not as an independent system), or even as a wired node? The Orbi would still be primary.

Second question.....is there a separates Mesh satellite (without the router) or outdoor satelitte (two different uses) for the Orbi 6 RBK852, and if not, would I be able to use the exitisng hardware available for the Orbi 3. Should I wait to see if something for the Orbi 6 RBK852 will be forthcoming?

Thanks

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7