Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can No longer send Text Messages from Xfinity Mobile Phone

Kenb123co
Aspirant

Can No longer send Text Messages from Xfinity Mobile Phone

Xfinity modem, used to have several DLink Router/Access Points around the House.  Got rid of them all and bought the RBK753 3 pack from Costco.

One on each floor - awesome coverage.

Since switching - when my Galaxy S20 is connected to Wi-Fi - I cannot send text messages.  Turn off Wi-Fi - they go right through.

Help Please!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can No longer send Text Messages from Xfinity Mobile Phone

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can No longer send Text Messages from Xfinity Mobile Phone

@Kenb123co wrote:

Xfinity modem, used to have several DLink Router/Access Points around the House.  Got rid of them all and bought the RBK753 3 pack from Costco.

One on each floor - awesome coverage.

Since switching - when my Galaxy S20 is connected to Wi-Fi - I cannot send text messages.  Turn off Wi-Fi - they go right through.

In addition to checking with users in the AX forum, it might be worth exploring the Samsung side.  I associate sending texts with the cell phone connection (LTE or previous standards), rather than WiFi.  Perhaps "something else changed" on the S20 around the time of the WiFi replacement.  Like, when the S20 connects to WiFi something gets turned off on the cell radio side?

Is there another cell phone in the house that can be used for a test?  (I keep all my old cell phones in a box and sometimes swap my SIM card into one of them to look at problems.)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7