Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect Orbi Outdoor Satellite to Orbi Trim-Band Mesh 6 System

rcdogs
Initiate

Cannot connect Orbi Outdoor Satellite to Orbi Trim-Band Mesh 6 System

Hello-

I am trying to connect a Orbi Outdoor Satellite to the Orbi Tri-Band Mesh Wifi 6 System. Each time I try and connect it in Orbi mode, the Satellite LED light will turn Blue for a few seconds then turn Magenta. I am right next to the Orbi router and have tried to unplug it and hit the reset button.

I have also tried to connect it in Extender mode, and it turns blue and stays blue, but I cannot access the set up website for Macbooks. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Cannot connect Orbi Outdoor Satellite to Orbi Trim-Band Mesh 6 System

Unless the Outdoor satellite is too far away, needs factory resetting or is defective, you should connect if you follow these instructions verbatum:

To set up your Orbi Outdoor Satellite in Orbi Mode:

Place your satellite near your Orbi router.
Note: This placement is for the setup process. After setup is complete, you can place your Orbi satellite outdoors.
Connect your satellite to a power source.
The Power LED on the back of your satellite lights up. If the Power LED does not light up, press the Power On/Off button.

Wait for the bottom Light LED to turn white.
The following LED behavior occurs during the startup process:

Pulsing white. Your satellite is starting up.
Solid white. Your satellite finished starting up and is ready to sync with your Orbi router.
Press the Sync button on the back of your satellite.

Within two minutes, press the Sync button on the back of your Orbi router.
Wait for your satellite to sync with your Orbi router.
Your satellite’s bottom Light LED turns white while your satellite attempts to sync with your Orbi router. After the satellite syncs with your Orbi router, the LED turns one of the following colors:
Blue. Good connection
Your Orbi router and satellite synced successfully and the connection is good. The LED lights blue for three minutes and then turns off.
Amber. Fair connection
Your Orbi router and satellite synced but the connection is fair. Consider moving your satellite closer to your router. The LED lights amber for three minutes and then turns off.
Magenta. Connection failed
Your Orbi router and satellite failed to sync. The LED turns magenta and remains on. Move your satellite closer to your router and try again.
It might take up to six minutes for your satellite to sync.
Note: Your satellite uses the same WiFi network credentials as your Orbi router.

Message 2 of 5
rcdogs
Initiate

I have tried these exact diections multiple times. Each time at the end of the sync the Satellite turns blue for a few moments then goes to Magenta. 

Message 3 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@rcdogs wrote:

I have tried these exact diections multiple times. Each time at the end of the sync the Satellite turns blue for a few moments then goes to Magenta. 

This should be an easy configuration, so something is going on. Logically speaking, if it will connect in Extender mode it should connect in Orbi satellite mode. 

First make sure you are on the latest firmware for thew RBS Yard.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/RBS50Y-V2.5.3.110.zip

Then try this factory reset:

Turn off the satellite. Unplug the power from the wall but keep it plugged into the satellite. Leave it for a couple minutes.

Then while holding the reset in, plug the satellite in and turn it on, still holding the reset in. 

Once you see the red blinking, keep holding it for another 15 plus seconds, then let go and let it come back up.

Make sure it is in Orbi mode and try syncing it again with the router.

If it fails again, and you haven't done so, you may want to factory reset the router and start from the beginning. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

RBS50Y is not compatible wirelessly with Orbi AX in Orbi mode. Extender mode FW has to be loaded on the RBS50Y for it to work with Orbi AX wireleslly. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7