Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot login to admin page

Thalador
Apprentice

Cannot login to admin page

Hey folks,

I have an RBK753 system which has an RBR750 and two RBS750 sattelites. Since I upgraded to the latest firmware 3.2.16.6 I can rarely get into the administrative page either via the IOS app or via 192.168.1.1. I just now rebooted the router and sattalites and tried again via my hard wired PC and the same issue. After about 5 minutes of spinning I get prompted for my credentials. After I put them in it once again stalls for 5+ minutes, after which it begins to render the page but the links are unusable. I downloaded the previous firmware but am unable to get to the point where I can try and flash it. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

This is not normal. I have the same system and updated my system to the latest firmware as well.

I assume you followed the instructions and updated the satellites first, then the router?

I suggest a factory reset and reinstall. You can backup your settings before you reset to save setting it back up again.

Message 2 of 6
Thalador
Apprentice

I did follow the instructions. I am thinking a reset is in order but I cannot get to the page to back up the config. Another very odd thing, I have 1Gig internet and from my desktop when I run a speedtest.net I usually get about 900/900. Right now I am getting 90/90. Something is very wrong here

Message 3 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@Thalador wrote:

I did follow the instructions. I am thinking a reset is in order but I cannot get to the page to back up the config. Another very odd thing, I have 1Gig internet and from my desktop when I run a speedtest.net I usually get about 900/900. Right now I am getting 90/90. Something is very wrong here

Is your orbi router in AP mode or router mode? If in router mode, unplug it from the ISP modem and see if you can access it via orbilogin.com, 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1? Try doing this with a cable plugged in  from your desktop or laptop? 

Message 4 of 6
Thalador
Apprentice

So I just did a factory reset and everything is working except my desktop is still capping at 99/99 instead of 900/900

Message 5 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

@Thalador wrote:

So I just did a factory reset and everything is working except my desktop is still capping at 99/99 instead of 900/900

Glad you have access to your admin page again.  Follow the steps in our community FAQ to diagnose your speed loss: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-... In particular, check your desktop's network cable type: Verify that you have at least Cat5E or Cat6 cabling or try different cables, otherwise other cable types or bad cables may throttle your speeds to 100 Mbps

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7