Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot pause or block internet for network connected devices

sltoffler
Aspirant

Cannot pause or block internet for network connected devices

I am using the Orbi RBR850.

Firmware: V3.2.15.25_1.3.15

I cannot pause or block any network connected devices either from the app on my iPhone or through my browser connecting directly to the new router.

I can toggle the pause switch on the app, but nothing seems to happen.

I have my router in "router mode."

I have a case pending with Netgear support---they were supposed to call me back and no one has.

Kind of frustrating as I don't know what else to try.  For the money I paid, I sure would like to be able to block certain devices at will.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
sltoffler
Aspirant

Re: Cannot pause or block internet for network connected devices

It worked!!!  Thank you so much!!!  

By simply applying that FW upgrade, it now supports the pausing/blocking of internet to connected devices on the network.

The only other question I have...I was able to upgrade firmware on the router but not the satellite.  Is that normal or should I try something else to upgrade that one?

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try using v32 FW and see. 

Do you have IP address reservations for the devices your trying to block? Try this as well. 

Message 2 of 8
sltoffler
Aspirant

how do I get v32 FW?  When i check firmware status, mine says it is completely up-to-date and no FW available.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-15-32-Hot-Fix-Firmware-U...

Be sure to try to set IP address reservations for your devices. then try to block them.

Message 4 of 8
sltoffler
Aspirant

Thanks for the link to the FW update.  Not sure why when check for updates through the app it says there are none available.

I'm a novice here...can you explain what you mean by setting IP reservations?  what exactly is that and how do you do that?

Message 5 of 8
sltoffler
Aspirant

It worked!!!  Thank you so much!!!  

By simply applying that FW upgrade, it now supports the pausing/blocking of internet to connected devices on the network.

The only other question I have...I was able to upgrade firmware on the router but not the satellite.  Is that normal or should I try something else to upgrade that one?

Message 6 of 8
sltoffler
Aspirant

I just found the FW upgrade for the satellite and upgraded it successfully, too!

Again...can't thank you enough for your help!!!  All is working now!

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Some FW updates won't appear in the udpate page on the RBR. 

Under Advanced Tab/Setup/LAN Setup. Down at the bottom is ADD button. Select this and it will display a list of devices. Select the small round button and this will auto fill in the box fields at the bottom of this page, here you can change the name if you wish. Then select the ADD button. This will take you back one page. You can continue adding ip address reservations. Once done, select apply at the top of the device list page and this will save the changes. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7