Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Compatibility RBK852 Orbi WiFi 6

classicrokr
Follower

Compatibility RBK852 Orbi WiFi 6

Hi,

1.  Is the Nighthawk CM1000 Modem compatible with the RBK 852 Orbi WiFii 6 router system?

2.  With the Orbi WiFi 6 - I know my wifi 5 devices will connect.  Will they benefit at all from the wifi 6 standard - such as improved latency, faster speeds to device?   (I only have 2 devices with wifi 6 built in)

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

@classicrokr wrote:

2.  With the Orbi WiFi 6 - I know my wifi 5 devices will connect.  Will they benefit at all from the wifi 6 standard - such as improved latency, faster speeds to device?   (I only have 2 devices with wifi 6 built in)

No, Wifi AC devices will connect using Wifi AC (IEEE 802.11ac) and Orbi AX will not make any noticible improvement for those devices.

On the other hand, Orbi AX has a more powerful processor and it's faster than Orbi AC. You will clearly notice this when managing the system using the Orbi app or the web GUI.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
KMDonlon
Luminary

Yes, your modem is compatible.

As far as WiFi benefits, a WiFi 6 capable device will certainly benefit from the ax wireless connection. My laptop has a WiFi 6 capable network card and connects at over 900mbps.
Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

ALL CM modes are compatible with both Orbi AX and AC. 

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@classicrokr wrote:

No, Wifi AC devices will connect using Wifi AC (IEEE 802.11ac) and Orbi AX will not make any noticible improvement for those devices.

On the other hand, Orbi AX has a more powerful processor and it's faster than Orbi AC. You will clearly notice this when managing the system using the Orbi app or the web GUI.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7