Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device wifi speeds slow-RBR750

bmxsteve
Aspirant

Device wifi speeds slow-RBR750

Hello, 

I have ATT Fiber 1000 with a BGW210-700 modem and an Orbi RBR-750 with one wired backhauled RBS50 and two RBS750 wireless satellites.

My concern is that my wifi settings might not be optimal and I am looking for your help.

When I run a download/upload test from speedtest.net on my iPhone XR right next to my router, I consistently only pull 281 down/494 up.

However, on the ATT app, the modem speedtest is showing 994 d/905 u.

When I run the speedtest on the Orbi app, I consistently pull 873 d/905u.

My concern is that the device download/upspeeds are much, much lower. Should the device speeds be that far off from what the ATT and Orbi apps are showing? I would expect some drop off to the device, but only pulling a third of the download and half the upload speeds seems off to me.

Anything I should be checking on the settings?

Thanks, Steven 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Device wifi speeds slow-RBR750

Most iphones and WiFi 5 devices will max out at around 400-500Mbps due to the antenna design, 2x2. Even my 12 Max gets around 400 to 500ish speeds. I have a Asus GT-AX11000 router that is 4x4 that I can use as a wireless client and it can get 900Mpbs speeds. Connection rate between the Orbi AX and the Asus is around 1800Mpbs  as well. Something my 12 Max phone doesn't get. 

You can check the connection rate with installing wifisweetspots app on your wireless devices.

https://kb.netgear.com/19668/Link-Rate-and-Transfer-Speed

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7