Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices not showing up in iOS Orbi app + Cannot log into satelittes directly

SwiftyD
Tutor

Devices not showing up in iOS Orbi app + Cannot log into satelittes directly

Hello Forum. First time poster here. I just purchased the Orbi RBK853 system. While the network seems to be working fine, I have two issues. 1) The iOS Orbi App (v2.5.2.1) does not show attached devices (the web interface does). 2) I cannot log into the satelittes using their assigned IP addresses (all firmware updated to v3.2.15.25), and using the same admin/password as the router.

Regarding 1), I read that the system may need 'settle' for a bit. Yet, it has been over 48 hours and the devices still do not show up.

Any advice/insights that can be provided will be highly appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Devices not showing up in iOS Orbi app + Cannot log into satelittes directly

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

@SwiftyD wrote:

Hello Forum. First time poster here. I just purchased the Orbi RBK853 system. While the network seems to be working fine, I have two issues. 1) The iOS Orbi App (v2.5.2.1) does not show attached devices (the web interface does). 2) I cannot log into the satelittes using their assigned IP addresses (all firmware updated to v3.2.15.25), and using the same admin/password as the router.

Regarding 1), I read that the system may need 'settle' for a bit. Yet, it has been over 48 hours and the devices still do not show up.

For your second issue, not being able to connect to your AX satellite(s) by IP address, how are you trying to connect?  I use a laptop connected wireless to my Orbi AX network and read the satellite IP addresses from Attached Devices page on http://orbilogin.com/start.htm.  I go to the IP address listed using HTTP (not HTTPS) like this: https://192.168.1.118/.  It then presents me with a browser login dialog that asks for my Orbi username and password.

How does this fail for you, e.g., is the browser unable to connect at all to the satellite IP address or does it ask for the username/password and then not accept your inputs?  I have occasionally seen times when my browser is unable to connect to the satellite IP but the satellite is up and running (i.e., listed in Attached Devices and I believe I have devices connected to it wirelessly).  I haven't worried about it and ignored the issue so far.  I did just check and my 3 AX satellites are connectable by IP address right now.

Message 3 of 7
SwiftyD
Tutor

Hi. Regarding 1), I moved the same question to the Orbi app section of this forum.

Regarding 2), my laptop is wirelessly connected to the network. I can connect to the router fine (192.168.1.1 using admin/password login window). When I try to connect to satellites directly (e.g. 192.168.1.3) it presents me the same login window as was the case with the router but now it won't give me access using the same admin/password. Using https://IP-address won't even give me the login window.

By the way, the reason I like to access the sattelites directly is to upgrade the firmware manually.  Apparently this cannot be done through the router's web interface.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

You can auto update RBS FW using the RBRs web page when it appears available in the RBRs FW update page. Manually, yes, you'll need to log into the RBSs web page for each RBS you want to update. 

If you can't get to the RBS web page using same log in info as the RBR, then the RBS didn't fully sync and acquire the log in info from the RBR correctly. You might factory reset the RBS, remove them from the RBR, then re-add them by manually pressing the sync button on the RBR first then RBS. Might do this while in the same room or near the RBR with the RBS. 

@SwiftyD wrote:

Hi. Regarding 1), I moved the same question to the Orbi app section of this forum.

Regarding 2), my laptop is wirelessly connected to the network. I can connect to the router fine (192.168.1.1 using admin/password login window). When I try to connect to satellites directly (e.g. 192.168.1.3) it presents me the same login window as was the case with the router but now it won't give me access using the same admin/password. Using https://IP-address won't even give me the login window.

By the way, the reason I like to access the sattelites directly is to upgrade the firmware manually.  Apparently this cannot be done through the router's web interface.

Message 5 of 7
SwiftyD
Tutor

Unfortunately, none of the proposed actions worked. I removed the satellites from the router, did factory reset, and even changed the backhaul password to be sure, and re-synced both satelittes. I am still not able to login directly into the satelittes and the app does not show the connected devices (and hence I cannot manage them through the app). While the network is working fine otherwise, it still bothers me that the app is not working. Is this forum monitored by Netgear support? Or only supported by the community?

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the RBR and RBS, walk thru the setup wizard. See if adding the RBS during the setup wizard process gets the RBS synced correctly.

Let us know if this fails as well...

Please post about any Orbi app issues in this forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

@SwiftyD wrote:

Unfortunately, none of the proposed actions worked. I removed the satellites from the router, did factory reset, and even changed the backhaul password to be sure, and re-synced both satelittes. I am still not able to login directly into the satelittes and the app does not show the connected devices (and hence I cannot manage them through the app). While the network is working fine otherwise, it still bothers me that the app is not working. Is this forum monitored by Netgear support? Or only supported by the community?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7