Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extending 2.4 ghz network to backyard

ryanho87
Aspirant

Extending 2.4 ghz network to backyard

I recently purchased an RBK852 system for my new home and so far performance has been great.  The only issue I currently have is the router/satellites reaching two wifi plugs in the corner of my backyard.  I don't want to spend another $380 for an RBS850 satellite to extend range out there, so I'm wondering if there is a cheaper alternative to extending my 2.4ghz network out there.

I have some old airport expresses from my previous setup.  Could one of those be used to create an access point for those plugs?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes that could be used as a wired AP. I would have it's own SSID name and need to be on a far separated channel on 2.4Ghz. AE on channel 1 and RBR on channel 11. 

Message 2 of 4
ryanho87
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried this earlier today, but the orbi router is actually able to provide a better signal than my AE wired up and sitting just outside my backdoor.  Are there any other products that I could use to extend my wifi range aside from another satellite?  I'd prefer wireless if possible.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Not at the moment. RBS50Y outdoors RBS would be an option sometime down the road if and when NG decides to make that compatible with Orbi AX. No idea if or when that will happen. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7