Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware search in iOS does not work

Tom68RO
Aspirant

Firmware search in iOS does not work

I am using a RBR850 Wifi 6 router with one satellite. 
The firmware search in the iOS app does not work. Every time I try the search through Home - Settings - Router Settings - search... I get an error "there is a problem...".

My Orbi is on 3.2.17.12. I used the update function through the web GUI. 
Delete and reinstall the app does not work: same error message. 
Any idea?

Bye Tom

Message 1 of 6
FarmerBob1
Luminary

Wuhl, 3.2.17.12 is the latest. So that could be a return error that it can't find a newer rev since you are already running it. I rarely get updates through that interface. Someone in forums usually has it long before it ever shows up in the UI, plus I want a "hard copy" to put in my files. It's almost undoubted that I will need to reinstall that Rev and through that avenue, I don't have access to it once it's been installed. I still have to go hunt it down and DL it. Especially if I revert to a previous version and need to easily come back. Which is what I had to do with this one. I just reinstalled 17.12 yesterday and it did not show up in the Update panel when I checked, so it was good that I had a "hard copy" in my files.

PLUS. The only "best" way to update is a direct connection from a desktop through the WebUI. Which is what is shown below. Since I had issues last time, I isolated the RBR by disconnecting everything from it, killed the WiFi, unplugged the Satellites and had a direct connection to my machine. This time the update, although a "Dirty Update" seems to have gone well. No major issues as I had the first time I updated. The ORBI App, for me, has not been to stable or reliable enough for me to ever think of updating through it. This was done on a MacPro running Mōjāv 10.14.6.

But this is what I get with the latest installed:

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 8.55.29 AM.png

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Brand and model # of the ISP modem/ONT that the Orbi RBR is connected too?

What iOS is on your iPhone...

iOS app is working here: Iphone 12 Max 14.4

Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 9.53.35 AM.png

Message 3 of 6
FarmerBob1
Luminary

Or it's just Apple saying, "It's not ours, we don't care".

Message 4 of 6
Tom68RO
Aspirant

The Orbi is connected to a FRITZ!Box (works as VDSL modem and DHCP Server). The Orbi is in AP mode. 
I use an iPhone 12 Pro with latest iOS 14.4.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You migtht try the RBR in router mode and see. 

Mines in router mode. 

You can use the modems DMZ for the IP address given to the RBR in router mode to help with double NAT problems.,,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7