Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware will not update on router and satellite says service unreachable

Edwardlotz
Guide

Firmware will not update on router and satellite says service unreachable

I hAve Orbi ax6000 rbr850 router and one satellite. In firmware admin it show a new firmware version v3.2.16.6 but it will not upgrade to it and the satellite says service unreachable. The past server firmware upgrades I have had to manually upgrade both the satellite and router. Any thoughts. I am thinking I will have to try and reset the main router. If I do this will I need to reset the satellite too?
Message 1 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

Try and disconnect any wired devices (other than PC) and attempt again.   You dont have any other RBR50s attached do you?  

Message 2 of 8
Edwardlotz
Guide

I bought the package that had the router and one satellite. I will try your suggestions as soon as I can.
I don’t think I mentioned I didn’t have this issue when I bought 4 months ago. It only started after one of the first firmware updates. Thanks
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using?

@Edwardlotz wrote:
I hAve Orbi ax6000 rbr850 router and one satellite. In firmware admin it show a new firmware version v3.2.16.6 but it will not upgrade to it and the satellite says service unreachable. The past server firmware upgrades I have had to manually upgrade both the satellite and router. Any thoughts. I am thinking I will have to try and reset the main router. If I do this will I need to reset the satellite too?

Message 4 of 8
Edwardlotz
Guide

Netgear cm1000
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you factory reset the RBR and RBS, have the RBS in the same room as the RBR then walk thru the setup wizard to see if it picks up the new FW update for both RBS and RBR? I would use Edge, IE11 or Firefox browser to try this. 

Message 6 of 8
Edwardlotz
Guide

I am planning doing a reset of just the router but I guess you recommend doing both.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements