Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Full 5 GHz channels on Orbi AX (RBK853)?

dtay
Luminary

Full 5 GHz channels on Orbi AX (RBK853)?

I noticed my Orbi RBK853 only has 4 5 GHz channels listed: 36, 40, 44, and 48.  How do I enable the additional ones?  The Wi-Fi Analytics feature on the Orbi app is recommending channels 132, 149, or 161 to minimze intereference but I don't see those options.  Are those channels hidden and how do I enable them?  Telnet?

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Full 5 GHz channels on Orbi AX (RBK853)?

Neither: Wireless backhaul is using the higher chanels for it's 160 MHz backhaul - fronthaul is always using the low channels only.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

The wireless backhaul is not user configurable. 

@dtay wrote:

I noticed my Orbi RBK853 only has 4 5 GHz channels listed: 36, 40, 44, and 48.  How do I enable the additional ones?  The Wi-Fi Analytics feature on the Orbi app is recommending channels 132, 149, or 161 to minimze intereference but I don't see those options.  Are those channels hidden and how do I enable them?  Telnet?

Message 3 of 5
dtay
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

The wireless backhaul is not user configurable. 

@dtay wrote:

Even if i'm not using wireless backhaul?  My satellites are connected via wired.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yep. Can't do that. Been like that since the start. I think one reason is that they want the backhaul up and running in case the wired connection goes down or the user disconnects, so the RBS and re-establish the wireless backhaul automatically. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7