Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I daisy Chain a RBR750 system

GoldenDawgs
Follower

How do I daisy Chain a RBR750 system

I have a RBR750. Satellite 1 is 45 feet from router. Sat 2 is 65 feet. On a speedtest I get 500-600mbps on the router and only 90 on Sat 2. I want to daisy chain sat2 to Sat 1. I can't find directions for that. How do I do it.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do I daisy Chain a RBR750 system

Placement of the RBS out in a line from the RBR and turned then neared RBS on first, then turn on the next RBSs after that will confiigure Daisy Chain. 

30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@GoldenDawgs wrote:

I have a RBR750. Satellite 1 is 45 feet from router. Sat 2 is 65 feet. On a speedtest I get 500-600mbps on the router and only 90 on Sat 2. I want to daisy chain sat2 to Sat 1. I can't find directions for that. How do I do it.

1.  Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Orbi network.
  2. Enter http://orbilogin.com. A login window displays.
  3. Enter the user name and password.
    The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home page displays.
  4. Select Attached Devices. The Attached Devices page displays.

If your Orbi WiFi System is using daisy chain, your Orbi satellite displays the MAC address of your other Orbi satellite in the Connected Orbi field on the Attached Devices page:

Orbi Connected.png

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You can also check with the Orbi app on a phone or pad. 

Under Network.

If you see the connection between the RBR and RBS all in a single line displayed on the Networking page, then the configuration is in Daisy Chain. 

If you see the RBR each connected to the RBR directly, then is this called Star configuration and is not in Daisy Chain configuration. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7