Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How long will it take to price to drop?

Deihmos
Guide

How long will it take to price to drop?

I am not willing to pay $699 for a router especially when they aren’t too many WiFi 6 devices. How long do you think it will take for the price to come down?
Message 1 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd give it another 6-9 months. All depends on how well it does and retail sellers willing to start dropping the price. I'd check for deals when the christmas holidays hit. Even then you won't see a big drop in price. Maybe $100? Would be a guess. 

Message 2 of 17
Deihmos
Guide

Costco now has it for $479 and other retailers reduced it by $100. Once it hits below $300 I will bite.

https://www.costco.com/netgear-orbi-whole-home-tri-band-mesh-wifi-system%2c-2-pack.product.100524152...

Message 3 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats for the 840 series: RBK842-1CCNAS

Different from the 850 series. 

Message 4 of 17
Deihmos
Guide

Anyone that purchases this router for 2.4 ghz are just wasting their money. It is 300 mhz slower and to the vast majority that makes no difference. The only thing that connects to 2.4 on my end are two old printers. This is a much better deal that paying $599

Message 5 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Well some may have devices that connect to 2.4Ghz faster than your printers too. It's a deal though. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 17
sedraves
Initiate

I got my RBK852 system last week on Newegg for 550.  Not sure if its still an active sale or not but was a good deal for a brand new system.  Still had to pay sales tax which brought it up to 595 but beat Amazon and Ebay.  

Message 7 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for posting. 

Hows your system working for you? Good I hope. 

@sedraves wrote:

I got my RBK852 system last week on Newegg for 550.  Not sure if its still an active sale or not but was a good deal for a brand new system.  Still had to pay sales tax which brought it up to 595 but beat Amazon and Ebay.  

Message 8 of 17
sedraves
Initiate

So far so good-I've had it hooked up since Saturday the 28th with no issues, drops, etc.  I have centurylink fiber with the Orbi acting as the router-no CL equipment.  Not really seeing massive wireless speed increases per se but 400 mbps all over the house (3100 sqft) is the norm.  

Message 9 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@sedraves wrote:

So far so good-I've had it hooked up since Saturday the 28th with no issues, drops, etc.  I have centurylink fiber with the Orbi acting as the router-no CL equipment.  Not really seeing massive wireless speed increases per se but 400 mbps all over the house (3100 sqft) is the norm.  

Message 10 of 17
Deihmos
Guide

Looks like COstco discontinued the RBK-842. I wonder why? 

Message 11 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe only out of stock vs discontinued. 

Message 12 of 17
schumaku
Guru

@Deihmos wrote:

Looks like COstco discontinued the RBK-842. I wonder why? 

Might be an avilability issue - the original RBK852 is on backorder > 30 days with Netgear Shop, or Sold Out with Best Buy.

Message 13 of 17
tagteam
Virtuoso

FWIW, Costco has the RBK753-100NAS in stock currently for $499.99 (that's the router and two sats).

Message 14 of 17
FarmerBob1
Luminary

The other day I got an eMail from Amazon with the RBK853 system. So I had to take a look. Amazon was not actually selling them but they had third parties that were. I have always known the RBK853 system being priced at $900. It was in the list of sellers at $1700 or there abouts. I was gobsmacked. "Novelty Factor" wins again!!!!

Message 15 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like what some sellers do on fleabay. Price hike beyond what products are not worth. Hoping someone gullible will bite. Smiley Mad

Message 16 of 17
MB_Love
Apprentice

I saw the 853 (ax6000 3 pack) on Amazon for $917 yesterday. I paid the full $999 on Amazon less than 3 weeks ago. I’m assuming it’s sold out by today.
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7