Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the RBR850 (AX6000) backward compatible with older Satellites (RBS50, RBS20)

pcva
Follower

Is the RBR850 (AX6000) backward compatible with older Satellites (RBS50, RBS20)

I have an Orbi RBR50 router with RBS50 and RBS20 satellites am looking to replace the RBR50 router with the new RBR850 (AX). Is the RBR850 compatible with older satellites such as RBS50 and RBS20? 

Message 1 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Is the RBR850 (AX6000) backward compatible with older Satellites (RBS50, RBS20)

Only if you hard wire them to router....  There was originally talk about making them compatible for wireless backhaul, but with the amount of time that has gone by, I suspect that wont happen.

I have two RBS-50s hard wired to my RBR-850 (as well as an RBS-850) and the setup works fine.

Message 2 of 3
Surffa
Apprentice

Re: Is the RBR850 (AX6000) backward compatible with older Satellites (RBS50, RBS20)

This is fun gambling, which I doubt will ever pay back.

I for example have an old Orbi router + 3 Satellites and once I start upgrading, there is no way I'm going to invest again in the same setup at once. I would actually be even prepared to sacrifice the speed on certain radio links to do partial upgrades of the complete system.

Now, as things seem to turn around, I think I can then just ditch the whole Orbi and try some competitor instead. This is not really that perfect system either.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7