Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Just bought a new home and the only internet provide is Spectrum(cable)

ma35244
Follower

I need a high GIG modem and router.  I see Nighthawk and Orbi.  Some of them lokk like Cable+Router, other just stand along modems, and stand along routers.  My house is 7000 sq ft - raised ranch.  I expect to need a cable modem, router, plus a wi fi extender.  Any suggestions?  

I plan to purchase a modem or router with 4 ethernet ports so I can run ethernet directly to my laptop and 3 TVs for streaming (roku and appletv).  Can anyone make a recommendation?

thanks

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Just bought a new home and the only internet provide is Spectrum(cable)

Check first with your ISP to see what they support before buying.

NGs CM1000, 1100, 1200, 2000 are all stand alone modems. CAX80 and CBR750 are gateway modems with built in router and wifi. 

All 1Gb supporting on the WAN side. the CM2000, CAX80 support 2.5Gbps WAN port connections with external routers such as the RBK8 series. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/What-s-the-Difference-Between-a-Cable-Modem-an...

If you want a Orbi system, it's suggested to get a CM series modem only and then get a Orbi AC or AX system.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Find-Your-Orbi-With-the-NEW-Orbi-Product-Selector/m-p/1907267/...

Check the spec sheets of the modems, and Orbi systems to see what interests you and your needs. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Just bought a new home and the only internet provide is Spectrum(cable)

I'd agree with what @FURRYe38 wrote.

I'd also keep in mind that 7000sqft is a very large home. I don't think a single router and extender would cover it. 

I'd investigating going with a full mesh system like orbi so you can expand it as needed to cover the location. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7