Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Laptop can't see network from Orbi RBR850

biskittc
Follower

Laptop can't see network from Orbi RBR850

I've set up my Orbi RBR850 mesh network and have successfully connected devices (phones, tablets, TVs, washer/dryer, etc.) via both 5GHz and 2.4GHz on both the primary and guest networks.  However, according to my Windoiws 7 laptop, my networks simply do not exist - the laptop can't see them at all, despite seeing other WiFi networks from all around the neighborhood.  My laptop has a Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC, and I scanned for the latest drivers and it is supposedly up-to-date.

Any thoughts?  Many thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Laptop can't see network from Orbi RBR850

@biskittc wrote:

I've set up my Orbi RBR850 mesh network...

Unfortunately, this forum was created for the original Orbi product.  The newer "AX" product has a separate community forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

My impression is that you are much more likely to get an informed response by posting in the forum devoted to the AX product.

It's not that we do not want to help.  We simply so not have the same Orbi and have no experience relevant to yours.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Check the network adatpers mfr web site for updated drivers. 

Try disabling AX mode on the RBR. 

Set CTS from 64 to 2347 to see if this helps any. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Continue to post in the Orbi AX forum. 

@biskittc wrote:

I've set up my Orbi RBR850 mesh network and have successfully connected devices (phones, tablets, TVs, washer/dryer, etc.) via both 5GHz and 2.4GHz on both the primary and guest networks.  However, according to my Windoiws 7 laptop, my networks simply do not exist - the laptop can't see them at all, despite seeing other WiFi networks from all around the neighborhood.  My laptop has a Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC, and I scanned for the latest drivers and it is supposedly up-to-date.

Any thoughts?  Many thanks in advance!

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

Since every other device you mentioned is connecting, it sounds like the laptop is causing the issue.

Open a DOS prompt, on your laptop, and type IpConfig /flushdns.

You can also load Device Manager and remove the WIFI adapter, rescan for new peripherals, which will find it and re-install the adapter drivers.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7