Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware drops VOIP and MS TEAMS and Skype

sutset
Guide

We still need an option to disable auto update. NG’s track record on giving their customers good firmware is sitting around ZERO Percent. This country in the biggest crisis of our lifetime and we are all working from home and need 100 percent reliability. NG cannot provide that but they can provide us with an option not to auto update so that we are empowered to update when we want and we are not forced by NG to load software never works.

I’ll try an upgrade tonight. 
Message 26 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes. 

Message 27 of 61
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

So hooked it all back up this morning and it didn’t say it needed an update, so I guess it just fixed itself? I am currently on 3.2.10.1_1.2.12

Anyway, I’m getting weird Speedtest, sometimes with extreme jitter and weird ping.

Gonna leave it in for a couple of hours, see how it goes.

Also, I’m back to having the issue of having to set up my network on the PlayStation every single time it enters rest mode or I turn it off. Which sucks!
Message 28 of 61
rensul
Guide

So after downgrading to the previous firmware and having the same problems, I went back to the V10.11 and did a factory reset as was suggested by FURRY and it's been solid (gaming, netflix streaming, successful Skype for Business test etc.) for the past 6 hours. I really need this to hold so I can continue working from home so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't change the firmware again until we get out this crazy health crisis - unless of course it needs to be updated for others (please be sure to test the sh#t out of it though) who may be experiencing problems that I'm not. I don't need any new features - just rock solid fast internet...

I'm also fully aware that all of my optimism could blow up at any time since it's only been 6 hours.

Thanks though for doing whatever was done to make it work (so far).

Rennie

Message 29 of 61
sutset
Guide

I am on the latest version now. I guess Monday will be the test when I have ms teams and Skype meetings for work.

I going to order a ASUS zen WiFi 6 mesh system. Only 449.00 I had ASUS for 5 years never had issues . This system has been a nightmare since I installed it on Nov 2019. This is probably the worst purchase I have made ever. ZERO reliability. So I will just take the loss.
Message 30 of 61
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

@sutset wrote:
I going to order a ASUS zen WiFi 6 mesh system. Only 449.00 I had ASUS for 5 years never had issues . This system has been a nightmare since I installed it on Nov 2019. This is probably the worst purchase I have made ever. ZERO reliability. So I will just take the loss.

Oh how did I ever miss that. So cheap, and it looks good too! They have them at B&H.

Message 31 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us now if the system is stable since the update. It should be. I have seen no issues since the update and did a reset and set it up from scratch. 

@sutset wrote:
I am on the latest version now. I guess Monday will be the test when I have ms teams and Skype meetings for work.

Message 32 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Enjoy now. Smiley Wink

@rensul wrote:

So after downgrading to the previous firmware and having the same problems, I went back to the V10.11 and did a factory reset as was suggested by FURRY and it's been solid (gaming, netflix streaming, successful Skype for Business test etc.) for the past 6 hours. I really need this to hold so I can continue working from home so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't change the firmware again until we get out this crazy health crisis - unless of course it needs to be updated for others (please be sure to test the sh#t out of it though) who may be experiencing problems that I'm not. I don't need any new features - just rock solid fast internet...

I'm also fully aware that all of my optimism could blow up at any time since it's only been 6 hours.

Thanks though for doing whatever was done to make it work (so far).

Rennie

Message 33 of 61
Retired_Member
Not applicable

How do I downgrade to resolve problems listed above? Need step by step. MS Teams video conf keeps crashing when using TEAMS for Mac.
Model: CATRBR50-100NAS|Orbi Premium CAT5e Flat Ethernet Cable
Message 34 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is currently loaded? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Did you review the prior post about downgrading to a lower version then back to v10.11? 

"So after downgrading to the previous firmware and having the same problems, I went back to the V10.11 and did a factory reset as was suggested by FURRY and it's been solid (gaming, netflix streaming, successful Skype for Business test etc.)"

Does this crash only happen on Mac? 

Try different PC or Windows PC to see if same thing happens? 

Did this happen before? 

Does this happen on a wired and wireless connection? 

You should look at the Mac logs or app logs and contact MS support for help and information regarding there app crashing. 

@Retired_Member wrote:
How do I downgrade to resolve problems listed above? Need step by step. MS Teams video conf keeps crashing when using TEAMS for Mac.

Message 35 of 61
Retired_Member
Not applicable

thanks for the direction. high 5.

Message 36 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

And he closes his account. Must have been a mis-configuration. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Current v10.11 is working as if 3/19. 

@sutset wrote:

We still need an option to disable auto update. NG’s track record on giving their customers good firmware is sitting around ZERO Percent. This country in the biggest crisis of our lifetime and we are all working from home and need 100 percent reliability. NG cannot provide that but they can provide us with an option not to auto update so that we are empowered to update when we want and we are not forced by NG to load software never works.

I’ll try an upgrade tonight. 

Message 38 of 61
tigerisak
Guide

Im still having issues. 

Have spoken to a tier 2 engineer. But no luck so far.

Message 39 of 61
McLong
Apprentice

I would just like to add that I am also still experiencing random Wi-Fi disconnects with RBR852 running the latest production firmware even after a complete reset. This significantly affects all services including VOIP applications such as Zoom and WhatsApp. These random disconnects are usually only 10-30 seconds long and totally random unlike the last firmware debacle. Here's hoping Netgear resolves the issues in the next FW.
Message 40 of 61
Anukfernando
Aspirant

This is infact odd as I have everything working at home. No issues with Zoom, Whatsapp, WebexTeams, MSTeams, Webex, BlueJeans, Google Hangouts, etc Are you on router mode or AP mode? Im on AP mode

Message 41 of 61
McLong
Apprentice

I'm glad to hear everything is working for you. Like I said, it's random and rare, but I watch the devices disconnect from Wifi and quickly reconnect at least 4 or 5 times a day. Router mode and satellite is 30 ft away on 2nd floor.
Message 42 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you wired or wireless when using VoIP and MS TEAMS? 

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2346. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

@tigerisak wrote:

Im still having issues. 

Have spoken to a tier 2 engineer. But no luck so far.

Message 43 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you wired or wireless when using VoIP and Zoom? 

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2346. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

@McLong wrote:
I would just like to add that I am also still experiencing random Wi-Fi disconnects with RBR852 running the latest production firmware even after a complete reset. This significantly affects all services including VOIP applications such as Zoom and WhatsApp. These random disconnects are usually only 10-30 seconds long and totally random unlike the last firmware debacle. Here's hoping Netgear resolves the issues in the next FW.

Message 44 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

What are you CTS and RTS values set for? 

What version of FW are you using currently? v3.2.10.11? 

@Anukfernando wrote:

This is infact odd as I have everything working at home. No issues with Zoom, Whatsapp, WebexTeams, MSTeams, Webex, BlueJeans, Google Hangouts, etc Are you on router mode or AP mode? Im on AP mode

Message 45 of 61
tigerisak
Guide

I’m wired.
Message 46 of 61
Anukfernando
Aspirant

CTS and RTS value Is 2347 on mine. I manually changed it.
Message 47 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this happen on just the one PC or happens on others? 

I presume your problem will be due to what you posted here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-Major-issues-with-packet-loss/m-p/1891735/highlight/...

Keep in touch with NG support. 

@tigerisak wrote:
I’m wired.

Message 48 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this happen on just the one PC or happens on others?

@Anukfernando wrote:
CTS and RTS value Is 2347 on mine. I manually changed it.

Message 49 of 61
phusebox
Guide

I just noticed Teams calls dropping today as well, first Teams calls since switching to the RBK852. Where do I find these CTS and RTS settings?

This whole system is buggy as hell.

Message 50 of 61
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 60 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7