Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mixing Orbi AX & Connect Master/Satellite via Ethernet

terra3110
Follower

Mixing Orbi AX & Connect Master/Satellite via Ethernet

Hi,

I have three questions:

Can I mix Orbi Wifi Stations, for example, an AX600 Master and Satellite, and add an AX4200 Satellite to the Mesh?

I have to connect an external building and because of the distance, it is connected via an Ethernet Cable. Did an AX6000 Master and an AX6000 or AX4200 Satellite connect via Ethernet as well, or did their require to be connected via Wifi?

Any problems with Macs, especially when I add to the Master a Backup Solution (WD Mz Cloud EX2 for Apple Time Machine Backups via Wireless)?

Frank

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Mixing Orbi AX & Connect Master/Satellite via Ethernet

@terra3110 wrote:

Hi,

I have three questions:

Can I mix Orbi Wifi Stations, for example, an AX600 Master and Satellite, and add an AX4200 Satellite to the Mesh? Yes.

I have to connect an external building and because of the distance, it is connected via an Ethernet Cable. Did an AX6000 Master and an AX6000 or AX4200 Satellite connect via Ethernet as well, or did their require to be connected via Wifi?
https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Any problems with Macs, especially when I add to the Master a Backup Solution (WD Mz Cloud EX2 for Apple Time Machine Backups via Wireless)? Shouldn't be no. I my Macs work well with Orbi AX and there not AX supporting. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7