Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

‘Mystery’ Satellite Appears in ORBI APP !

bipoole
Aspirant

‘Mystery’ Satellite Appears in ORBI APP !

I have ORBI APP on my IPad which, until now, has worked fine. My network consists of one

RBR750 browser and two ORBI satellites. However, today the ORBI APP is showing a 3rd

satellite which is identified as "unknown". As I actually don't have any 3rd satellite, how do I remove it from the APP page displaying my network ?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ‘Mystery’ Satellite Appears in ORBI APP !

Factory reset the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. Should clear the phantom RBS. 

Message 2 of 6
tak1313
Luminary

It happened to me a while back too - except my new phantom satellite was a Xerox (of all brands).

It's just a demonstration of the superb skills of Netgear's coders.  If I recall, all I did was delete it through the browser ui and it never showed up again.

Message 3 of 6
bipoole
Aspirant

Thanks for info. Now, if I can figure out how to do factory reset and all that entails I'll be OK

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 6
tak1313
Luminary

@bipoole wrote:

Thanks for info. Now, if I can figure out how to do factory reset and all that entails I'll be OK

I recall that by just deleting the mysterious object from the browser ui page (attached devices), no factory reset was necessary - it just disappeared from the app at the same time.  At least I don't recall having to do a reset.  But then on the other hand, I don't recall a lot of things these days...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7