Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR - Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System... contains both a modem and router or just router?

JKGGTO
Follower

NETGEAR - Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System... contains both a modem and router or just router?

Hi Netgear Community,

Does my NETGEAR - Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System (2-pack) include both a MODEM AND FAX... OR JUST A MODEM?  If so, how does this work exactly?  I'm comparing this to my old Motorola Surfboard which has both modem and router.

I assumed that this new Orbi AX4200 that I purchased would come with both, but I'm not certain.  Also, if it doesn't come with a modem how does this unit work exactly?

Message 1 of 2
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: NETGEAR - Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System... contains both a modem and router or just rou

@JKGGTO wrote:

Hi Netgear Community,

Does my NETGEAR - Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System (2-pack) include both a MODEM AND FAX... OR JUST A MODEM?  If so, how does this work exactly?  I'm comparing this to my old Motorola Surfboard which has both modem and router.

I assumed that this new Orbi AX4200 that I purchased would come with both, but I'm not certain.  Also, if it doesn't come with a modem how does this unit work exactly?

No, the Orbi systems are only a router + mesh wireless network.  They're designed to work alongside your cable modem (or however you get your internet connection from your ISP).  It is not a modem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7