Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear, Support Orbi Wifi 6 Circle Parental Controls! It's been a YEAR since launch already!

EchostormFury
Apprentice

Netgear, Support Orbi Wifi 6 Circle Parental Controls! It's been a YEAR since launch already!

I have had the Netgear Orbi Wifi 6 (RBK853 system) since March 2020 without any Circle support.  I complained about this in my initial video review of my first preorder for the Orbi Wifi 6 system in October 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu4kB85W78c.  We returned that until there was 2-router support.  I was happy to see that Netgear Armor got rolled in and updated, but almost a year later, still no parental support.

Further Netgear, we can't contact you without a paid warranty and we have to open source with the community?

Are you guys working with Circle to implement integration with Orbi, and if not integration then compatibility? In the meantime I did buy a Circle Home Plus and use it with the router but it has a lot of issues with compatibility. Some services require the Circle Home Plus to be on OR off compatibility to work, despite disabling IP6 I note that my Circle managed computers that are hardwired throttle down to 20 Mbps when they otherwise get 900 MBps+ unmanaged -- that's doesn't seem right at all. I loved the prior generation of Circle+Orbi integration, but as an early adopter and tech enthusiast with 4 kids in the home it is getting old that none of the Netgear Orbi Wifi 6 generation routers have Circle support or compatibility.

Netgear, anything to report?  I'd love to update my negative Netgear Orbi review with a positive update!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear, Support Orbi Wifi 6 Circle Parental Controls! It's been a YEAR since launch already!

Please post about this in the Circle app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

I believe a NG Forum Moderator already mentioned in a post not too long ago about Circle was on the plan for Orbi AX. Something to ask about in the Circle forum. No idea when it will happen and NG doesn't devulge that information. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 4
Hesed2020
Tutor

Me too, just migrated from Google WiFi and was surprised no Circle support for this flagship Netgear Mesh Router.  This is a huge miss of a table stakes feature.

Message 3 of 4

Add me to the list of users looking for Circle app to be natively supported on an Orbi Router RBR850.   I would think a $700 product like this would have parental controls

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7