New Features and Enhancements:

• Includes RIPng support for China NAL certification
  • Updates the BDF table

Not sure what all this is for...Smiley Embarassed

Message 2 of 42
KMDonlon
Luminary

Re: New Firmware Out Today...

Me neither, that's why I haven't installed it just yet...
Message 3 of 42
FarmerBob1
Luminary

I grabbed the 3.2.16.22 downloads to add to my library. I like having "hard copies" in reserve. I'd like to get into the RBR mainpage to see if it suggests this FW. But have tried and no joy. If I can get in, I will update using what the RBR DLs. I can get to the RBSs and update them as they should be done first, but would like to still have the RBR involved as we should be able to.

My next step will be to create the circumstances where I can access the RBR and go from there. Although, the RBSs get updated first, I'd still like to do it in a "natural" manner to emulate the natural update process to see if this FW fixes any of the connectivity issues without special handling.

UPDATE:

Did a 10 second Power Cycle on the RBR, not only did it come back on line very quickly, I was able to get right in using a hardwired machine and Waterfox. The Orbi App worked also, but it asked me for the password when I have "Remember Me" turned on and in the failures it didn't it went right to the "discovery" page. Probably because it was not connecting to the RBR. So far the RBR is not showing any new FW available. So there goes organic updating. Now to update manually, RBSs then the RBR manually and as a "Dirty Update", not wiping and reinputting all settings manually. I'll do that later depending on what happens when "Joe Normal" or the RBR suggests the updates do.

(May have to post results in a separate post since there is a time expiration on editing posts.)

Message 4 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

I checked mine and nothing mentioned for updated in the UI. However I believe mine is disabled from auto upates on NGs side to due to some testing with v11.2 and NEST. So there is that. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 42
KMDonlon
Luminary

Did a manual update, all went well. Functionality is fine so far. Only issue I noticed that has not been fixed is the channel 36 bug... I tried selecting 36 and it defaulted to channel 40. This was mentioned in another thread as to being a problem.

Message 6 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 42
pickwit
Tutor

Has the NAT Loopback issue (hairpinning) been sorted out with this new firmware? I'm currently running on a Netgear hot-fix firmware and would hate to disrupt my setup knowing that this is a still an issue.

Message 8 of 42
bikerapn
Aspirant

I installed as well; so far so good; won't konw if it resolved the admin portal/app hanging issue for a few days but at least everything is back up and running ....

Andy

Message 9 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Something you'll have to try out as you and maybe a few others only seem to use that feature...

@pickwit wrote:

Has the NAT Loopback issue (hairpinning) been sorted out with this new firmware? I'm currently running on a Netgear hot-fix firmware and would hate to disrupt my setup knowing that this is a still an issue.

Message 10 of 42
FarmerBob1
Luminary

Just about 24 hours since installing (Dirty) and all is mostly well. I have been able to get into the RBR via a hardwire and WLAN connections and the Orbi App (Android). Although the Orbi App is connecting, it keeps crashing back to the discovery/device entry page. I have tried many things to cause the crash and the only thing I can think of is it's losing its connection to the RBR since it crashes back to the "Detecting Product" page. Last I did get two enteries for the RBR, one showing the RBR850 with a Green Dot and "Connected Locally"; the other showing the RBR850 with a Red Dot and "Disconnected" with the serial number. Also I'm still getting weird results on speed tests through the app.

Message 11 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

I would also post about this over in the Orbi app forum Sir Orbi. 

@FarmerBob1 wrote:

Just about 24 hours since installing (Dirty) and all is mostly well. I have been able to get into the RBR via a hardwire and WLAN connections and the Orbi App (Android). Although the Orbi App is connecting, it keeps crashing back to the discovery/device entry page. I have tried many things to cause the crash and the only thing I can think of is it's losing its connection to the RBR since it crashes back to the "Detecting Product" page. Last I did get two enteries for the RBR, one showing the RBR850 with a Green Dot and "Connected Locally"; the other showing the RBR850 with a Red Dot and "Disconnected" with the serial number. Also I'm still getting weird results on speed tests through the app.

Message 12 of 42
whoDean
Guide

God I hope so

Message 13 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

About? 

@whoDean wrote:

God I hope so

Message 14 of 42
whoDean
Guide

NAT loop back issue appears to be resolved for is with this firmware
Message 15 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Hope someone can let us know...

Message 16 of 42
pickwit
Tutor

I can confirm that NAT loopback works perfectly with this new firmware.

I've been running with it for 2 days now and so far all round no issues to report.Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome, thanks for letting us know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@pickwit wrote:

I can confirm that NAT loopback works perfectly with this new firmware.

I've been running with it for 2 days now and so far all round no issues to report.Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 42
bikerapn
Aspirant

Hi All,

FYI; it took longer than in the past with the new firmware but sometime last night the admin portal and apps stopped responding just as before.  Internet access in general to my devices remains ok.  So, at least in my case, the exact same issue surfaced as before.  I will also update Netgear.

Andy

Message 19 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

What thsi seen on diffferent PCs and different broswers not be able to access the routers web page? 

Had the RBR been factory reset since last update? 

@bikerapn wrote:

Hi All,

FYI; it took longer than in the past with the new firmware but sometime last night the admin portal and apps stopped responding just as before.  Internet access in general to my devices remains ok.  So, at least in my case, the exact same issue surfaced as before.  I will also update Netgear.

Andy

Message 20 of 42
bikerapn
Aspirant

Hi - I factory reset before the update but I did not do so afterward.  I can do that later today after work finishes and then start my timer from there.  I'll report back in the next several day ....

Andy

Message 21 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 42
UnCapitano
Apprentice

Hey, 

I just upgraded to this today and my first reaction is that it has halved the speed that my devices have when connected to the satellites.  I previously got around 400Mbps at the end point, but it's dropped to 200 or so now in multiple tests. 

Mind you I am using Xfinity with around 1150Mbps download and 40Mbps upload.

Message 23 of 42
doucheopotamous
Aspirant

i can confirm this as well. I have the same plan speeds from my provider as this user and can now only get 100 down from a wired connection to the RBR850. Will downgrade to fw 3.2.16.6 in a bit.

Message 24 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

@doucheopotamous wrote:

i can confirm this as well. I have the same plan speeds from my provider as this user and can now only get 100 down from a wired connection to the RBR850. Will downgrade to fw 3.2.16.6 in a bit.

Message 25 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 41 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7