Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New house build- Network set up

JtootheJ
Follower

New house build- Network set up

I am in the process of building a house and will be setting up a AX6000 Wifi 6 network.  I have several POE camera's and a POE Ring Doorbell.  The entire house is wired for ethernet and all of the ethernet feeds into a main cabinet in my entertainment center.  I am looking at the 16 port switch and wanted to know if I should be getting a 16 port POE switch and what model is suggested.  I could do two switches, one POE and one managed if that would be a better way to go.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New house build- Network set up

Orbi AX doesn't support any PoE out the back end. Recommended switches are non managed and non green ethernet featured switches if they are needing to be connected between the RBR and RBS. Green ethernet seems to cause problems for Orbi systems. Managed switches can work however ensure ALL IGMP protocols are disabled on any managed switch if used between the RBR and RBS. I presume any switches with out the RBS on the segment would work for your needs. NG has switch products available. I use HP ProCure and some D-Link switches.

You might post about this in NGs Switch forum to see what would be recommended for any PoE configurations. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7