Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New v3.2.15.25 FW update seen in Orbi App Today...

FURRYe38
Guru

New v3.2.15.25 FW update seen in Orbi App Today...

Have a friend stating that he's seeing v3.2.15.25 appearing as a FW upate for the orib 850 series in the Orbi app. 

Anyone else? 

Nothing posted to the manual download site. 

And look what finally showed up: Smiley Surprised

Armor4Orbi850v3.2.15.25.png

Message 1 of 72
FarmerBob1
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Have a friend stating that he's seeing v3.2.15.25 appearing as a FW upate for the orib 850 series in the Orbi app. 

Anyone else? 

Nothing posted to the manual download site. 

And look what finally showed up: Smiley Surprised

I have. But what threw me was the "Update" of the ORBI App with the Armor Tile and all the refined graphics and additional Device Icons for Connected Devices. Without any notification . . . I thought the "Update" button in the App was to update it again or to load a Final Release. Nope, it was a FW Update.

Screenshot_20200519-153811_Orbi.jpg

Message 2 of 72
Zultan
Star

Yes, I can confirm that my 850 Router and all 4 Satellites Auto Updated to V3.2.15.25 and Armor was Activated

Message 3 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Also for users of the Armor app, for any questions, help needs or problems seen with this app, NG has a Armor app forum located here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Please make your posts there regarding anything Armor related. 

Armor information is located here:

https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

If users decide to update there Orbi 850 systems thru the Orbi app, if users notice problems after the update, please factory reset the system and setup from scratch if you encounter any problems. Make sure the system clears out any lingering FW configurations from prior FW version that may cause problems. 

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 72
KMDonlon
Luminary

No update available here... Neither the app or web gui show any new firmware
Message 6 of 72
FarmerBob1
Luminary

@FURRYe38Is there or have you found a link to Update files themselves? Or have I missed something somewhere?!

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you . . .
. . . fb

Message 7 of 72
FarmerBob1
Luminary

Checked a while ago for the 3.2.10.15 raw files and they are not posted yet. This time it may be a bit different since the release was kinda wonky . . . .

Message 8 of 72
Chuck_M
Mentor

My 850 is offering me v 3.2.11.2_1.2.12 for both the router and the satellite.

I dont see the 3.2.15.25.

Any release notes out there for either of these?

Message 9 of 72
VerneArase
Apprentice

I was wondering what they were going to do ... I had Armor on my RBK53 and really didn't want to drop back to BitDefender since I'm running more devices than their plan allows.

Guess I'll be staying up late to update the RBK853 ... nowdays with COVID-19 I don't dare take the network offline. It's bad enough with Comcast dropping internet so they can do their "upgrades".

Taking another look though, I see that the firmware being offered to me is 3.2.11.2 - not 3.2.15.25. Anyone know if that includes the Armor support?

I wonder if NetGear will ever update their model list on the message metadata to include the wifi 6 Orbis? ↓↓↓

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 10 of 72

3.2.11.2 is the last version posted on their website, and does not support Armor. I was on an older version than that, and did not get offered the update to 3.2.15.25 until after I had updated to 3.2.11.2 - I did the first this afternoon from downloaded firmware files, and then was quite surprised to see it autodected an additional upgrade once that was finished.

3.2.15.25 has no notes or direct download, it is only available so far if your web interface or App show a message indicating an update is available. I know it has armor, but I haven't tested armor support - the most obvious change for me was the improvements to the connected devices / device manager indications and auto detection, which is something the RBR50s have had for a while. Very glad to see that coming over, it isn't perfect but really helps to make sense of what is on your network when you have a lot of devices.

It took a few minutes to settle down (the satellites didn't show the new version number initially), but once everything was done I haven't seen any new issues on my setup - still have miscellaneous old ones though.

Message 11 of 72
VerneArase
Apprentice

Cool ... I have a lot to do tonight.

First off, attempting to diagnose a Comcast outage I rebooted my CGM4140COM gateway last night and inadvertantly turned wifi back on and bridge mode off, so I need to reconfigure the modem to bridge mode to prevent any double NAT problems and remove neighborhood wifi pollution.

Then I have to upgrade the RBK853 firmware to 3.2.11.2, then to 3.2.15.25.

If I tried to do this while the family's up and streaming, things would not go well for me 😰 - COVID-19 has apparently changed internet connectivity into an essential service.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 12 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Usually if FW updates are seen first in the Orbi app or via Auto update, trailing manual FW files are posted a bit later on here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk852.aspx#download

I've asked NG for information regarding this new update some users have seen. I didn't get a chance to check mine out yesterday, I'll try today. 

@FarmerBob1 wrote:

@FURRYe38Is there or have you found a link to Update files themselves? Or have I missed something somewhere?!

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you . . .
. . . fb

Message 13 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Posible that it maybe a slow roll out so some users may see it, some may not as soon as others. 

Please be patient.

@KMDonlon wrote:
No update available here... Neither the app or web gui show any new firmware

Message 14 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Great to hear your system updated. I presume your was updated via the Orbi app? 

@Zultan wrote:

Yes, I can confirm that my 850 Router and all 4 Satellites Auto Updated to V3.2.15.25 and Armor was Activated

Message 15 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of Fw are you using currently? If your system isn't on v3.2.11.2, then upgrade the system to this version first, then reboot everything then check with the Orbi app again and see if v3.2.15.25 is avilable to you. 

@VerneArase wrote:

I was wondering what they were going to do ... I had Armor on my RBK53 and really didn't want to drop back to BitDefender since I'm running more devices than their plan allows.

Guess I'll be staying up late to update the RBK853 ... nowdays with COVID-19 I don't dare take the network offline. It's bad enough with Comcast dropping internet so they can do their "upgrades".

Taking another look though, I see that the firmware being offered to me is 3.2.11.2 - not 3.2.15.25. Anyone know if that includes the Armor support?

I wonder if NetGear will ever update their model list on the message metadata to include the wifi 6 Orbis? ↓↓↓

Message 16 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad your system updated to this recent version. Be sure make a new backup configuration to file for safe keeping. 

Enjoy. 

@TuckerReviewer wrote:

3.2.11.2 is the last version posted on their website, and does not support Armor. I was on an older version than that, and did not get offered the update to 3.2.15.25 until after I had updated to 3.2.11.2 - I did the first this afternoon from downloaded firmware files, and then was quite surprised to see it autodected an additional upgrade once that was finished.

3.2.15.25 has no notes or direct download, it is only available so far if your web interface or App show a message indicating an update is available. I know it has armor, but I haven't tested armor support - the most obvious change for me was the improvements to the connected devices / device manager indications and auto detection, which is something the RBR50s have had for a while. Very glad to see that coming over, it isn't perfect but really helps to make sense of what is on your network when you have a lot of devices.

It took a few minutes to settle down (the satellites didn't show the new version number initially), but once everything was done I haven't seen any new issues on my setup - still have miscellaneous old ones though.

Message 17 of 72
Zultan
Star

Auto updated - Did not have to do a thing.  The Orbil App just sent me a notificiation asking me if I wanted to enable Armor.

Message 18 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome, so looks like there pushing it via orbi app and auto update on the RBR. Thank you for letting us know. 

Have a great day. 

@Zultan wrote:

Auto updated - Did not have to do a thing.  The Orbil App just sent me a notificiation asking me if I wanted to enable Armor.

Message 19 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

So updated mine today. Logging into the RBRs web page gave notification that there was a FW update. RBR850 is in router mode.

I had both RBS wirelessly connecte and all reported that v3.2.15.25 was available for all. I selected UPDATE ALL. I saw the RBS start blinking WHITE then the RBR rebooted after the RBS. All came back online with out issues. 

I tested Orbi app and it reported RBS connected wireless and wired and speedtest was to spec:

image0.pngimage1.pngimage2.pngimage3.png

I then tested the RBS connection to the RBR in router mode and AP Mode. 

Wireless RBS connected to RBR in router mode:

OrbiAXRoutermodeRBSwirelessNoSwitch.png

Wired with Gb Switch in between the RBR and RBS. Router mode:

OrbiAXRouterAndAPmodeRBSwiredNoSwitch.png

Wireless AP mode:

OrbiAXAPmodeRBSwirelessNoSwitch.png

WIred with Gb switch in between RBR and RBS. AP mode:

OrbiAXAPmodeRBSwiredwithSwitch.png
Thank you NG for fixing AP mode and RBS connected to LAN switch status on RBR. Smiley Very Happy

Looks like Orbi App is failing speed test in AP mode though again: Smiley Frustrated

image4.pngimage5.pngSpeedTestFailApMode.png

I've seen this one before. Smiley Frustrated

Looking good. I need to test NAT filter and xbox game NAT status in router mode now. Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Dang! No new firmware version for me. I've been waiting for Armor too!

I tried downgrading to the latest version that is available on the download section of the support page. As soon as I logged back in, I saw an upgarde, but it was only for version V3.2.11.2_1.2.13

Message 21 of 72
FarmerBob1
Luminary

Yeh. That's the first place I went hoping, kinda, that the raw files would be there . . . But no. Eventually.

Then I asked you, @FURRYe38  since you "know people" . . . 

"TEAM TURTLE!!!!"

Message 22 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to update to v3.2.11.2 first. Then you should see the lastest. Mine was on v3.2.11.2 and first thing it showed me after turning it on and connecting to the RBRs web page was the v3.2.15.25 version was avaialble. Loaded fine on my system. 

@Retired_Member wrote:

Dang! No new firmware version for me. I've been waiting for Armor too!

I tried downgrading to the latest version that is available on the download section of the support page. As soon as I logged back in, I saw an upgarde, but it was only for version V3.2.11.2_1.2.13

Message 23 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

I'm just someone in a low place. LOL. 

They said they would check on things. Hopefully they will post soon. Be patient Zeeago!

@FarmerBob1 wrote:

Yeh. That's the first place I went hoping, kinda, that the raw files would be there . . . But no. Eventually.

Then I asked you, @FURRYe38  since you "know people" . . . 

"TEAM TURTLE!!!!"

Message 24 of 72
Anubis12
Star

As many of you, I've been dealing with RBR850 randomly disconnecting from the internet and RBS850 suddenly disappearing from the network along with the devices physically attached.  Things were pretty stable since I've updated to the latest V3.2.11.2_1.2.13 firmware  (~2 months ago?).  Suddenly, at first, I started to get RBS850 disconnects while RBR850 was fine.  In the past week or so, I've been getting disconects with both.  Sometimes, they would come back online themselves and other times I have to reboot the units to restore functionality.  Day by day, these disconnects have been geting more frequent (3-4 times daily). 

Obviously this behavior is super annoying and inconvenient.  I am starting to wonder if I have a defective unit.  But as I researched the problem, I've come accross others having the same issues, or at least I think these are the same issues.  From what I can gather, it's a firmware issue and not necessarily a hardware issue.  Please correct me if I am wrong. 

To my question.  While I love the speed of the system, I am very disappointed by overall system stability.  Has Netgear fully acknowledged the issues and actively trying to address them with these firmware updates?  This is not yet clear to me.   If not, then I might be better served returning this system and get another system for my $700.  I have 10 days left before my return period runs out.  Hopefully I can try out this new firmware in the next few days so I can make a decision.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Message 25 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7