Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New v3.2.15.25 FW update seen in Orbi App Today...

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New v3.2.15.25 FW update seen in Orbi App Today...

I recommend making a new post in regards to your problem and we'll help you trouble shoot. This thread is for new FW that was pushed out the other day. 

@Anubis12 wrote:

As many of you, I've been dealing with RBR850 randomly disconnecting from the internet and RBS850 suddenly disappearing from the network along with the devices physically attached.  Things were pretty stable since I've updated to the latest V3.2.11.2_1.2.13 firmware  (~2 months ago?).  Suddenly, at first, I started to get RBS850 disconnects while RBR850 was fine.  In the past week or so, I've been getting disconects with both.  Sometimes, they would come back online themselves and other times I have to reboot the units to restore functionality.  Day by day, these disconnects have been geting more frequent (3-4 times daily). 

Obviously this behavior is super annoying and inconvenient.  I am starting to wonder if I have a defective unit.  But as I researched the problem, I've come accross others having the same issues, or at least I think these are the same issues.  From what I can gather, it's a firmware issue and not necessarily a hardware issue.  Please correct me if I am wrong. 

To my question.  While I love the speed of the system, I am very disappointed by overall system stability.  Has Netgear fully acknowledged the issues and actively trying to address them with these firmware updates?  This is not yet clear to me.   If not, then I might be better served returning this system and get another system for my $700.  I have 10 days left before my return period runs out.  Hopefully I can try out this new firmware in the next few days so I can make a decision.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Message 26 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You need to update to v3.2.11.2 first. Then you should see the lastest. Mine was on v3.2.11.2 and first thing it showed me after turning it on and connecting to the RBRs web page was the v3.2.15.25 version was avaialble. Loaded fine on my system. 

@Retired_Member wrote:

Dang! No new firmware version for me. I've been waiting for Armor too!

I tried downgrading to the latest version that is available on the download section of the support page. As soon as I logged back in, I saw an upgarde, but it was only for version V3.2.11.2_1.2.13

I already am on 3.2.11.2 (V3.2.11.2_1.2.13 to be exact.) There's no upgrades available when checking in the web GUI or the app.

Message 27 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem or ONT the RBR is connected too? 

Seems odd that everyone else is seeing the update...

Have you tried a factory reset and walk thru the setup wizard and see if it detects any updates? 

@Retired_Member wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You need to update to v3.2.11.2 first. Then you should see the lastest. Mine was on v3.2.11.2 and first thing it showed me after turning it on and connecting to the RBRs web page was the v3.2.15.25 version was avaialble. Loaded fine on my system. 

@Retired_Member wrote:

I tried downgrading to the latest version that is available on the download section of the support page. As soon as I logged back in, I saw an upgarde, but it was only for version V3.2.11.2_1.2.13

I already am on 3.2.11.2 (V3.2.11.2_1.2.13 to be exact.) There's no upgrades available when checking in the web GUI or the app.

Message 28 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem or ONT the RBR is connected too? 

Seems odd that everyone else is seeing the update...

Have you tried a factory reset and walk thru the setup wizard and see if it detects any updates? 

@Retired_Member wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Retired_Member wrote:

No modem. The Orbi connects directly into the ONT. (I bypass the AT&T modem using a trick.) 

No, I have not reset my Orbi router yet. Seems kind of extreem to get an update. I don't know why my router wouldn't be seeing the update yet. 

Message 29 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I just reset my Orbit to factory reset and set it up as a brand new router. Still no new firmware available. ;-( 

Message 30 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Ah wondering if your ATT trick method would be doing something. 

You might put the ISP modem back online with normal configuration, connect the RBR to the ISP modem with out using the alternate method and see if the RBR picks up anything. Try AP mode on the RBR as well. If not, something to open a support ticket with NG. 

Message 31 of 72

No modem. The Orbi connects directly into the ONT. (I bypass the AT&T modem using a trick.) 

Is this a trick you can share? Because that would be ideal for most of us in a similar situation - My ONT connects to the AT&T wireless router in passthrough mode, which is then plugged into my orbi. Going direct would obviously be better.

Are you doing something like this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/dw0sk6/att_router_bypass/

Message 32 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Ah wondering if your ATT trick method would be doing something. 

You might put the ISP ONT back online with normal configuration, connect the RBR to the ISP ONT with out using the alternate method and see if the RBR picks up anything. if not, something to open a support ticket with NG about. 

I did that too. I reset the router, and put it behind my AT&T modem just now. Nothing. Orbi still doesn't see any updates.

Nahh, it's not worth a ticket with Netgear. Their support is absolutely useless. Complete waste of time. 

Message 33 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Orbi-AX-6000-and-AT-amp-T-fiber-gateway-issue/m-p/1890125/h...

@TuckerReviewer wrote:

Is this a trick you can share? Because that would be ideal for most of us in a similar situation - My ONT connects to the AT&T wireless router in passthrough mode, which is then plugged into my orbi. Going direct would obviously be better.

Message 34 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@TuckerReviewer wrote:

Correct. I am using the bypass method I found on DSLReports. It's been working flawlessly for 3+ years now. I have the switch on a UPS battery backup, so when I have power outages, the netwrok stays up and doesn't require anything on my part. My AT&T gateway stays in the drawer for 364.5 days a year 🙂 I only pull it out when I need to reset the network, or if i have a really long power outage. 

Message 35 of 72
skrishnan37
Aspirant

Agreed. Can't see the update either/update not offered on the Orbi App or by logging in on the web.  Not sure if the Orbi being on Ap mode would make any kind of difference.

My Setup (AT&T Fiber 900Mbps/800Mbps)>Orbi RBK853 V3.2.11.2_1.2.13>Gateway PACE 5268AC

(Although AT&T hopefully swapping this out for an Arris tomorrow & I can put the Orbi in router mode)

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 36 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that the update maybe not be avialable for all users yet. Maybe based on regional or location. 

Message 37 of 72
Mikey94025
Hero

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Possible that the update maybe not be avialable for all users yet. Maybe based on regional or location. 

Yes, I'm running V3.2.11.2 and my Orbi hasn't notified me of an update.  It doesn't seem to be rolled out to everyone yet.

Message 38 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya seems to be not available to all yet. 

Message 39 of 72
KMDonlon
Luminary

Hasn't became available here either, wish there was a link....
Message 40 of 72
McLong
Apprentice

No update available in Seattle, Washington. I've checked for app updates on iOS and Android while also checking the web GUI. This is frustrating since I still have random connection issues. ISP Comcast xfinity xfi 1gbps/40 mbps, RBR852

Message 41 of 72
Mickenordin
Guide

V3.2.15.25 just got released here i sweden.
Message 42 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Seeing this thru the Orbi app or RBRs web page?

@Mickenordin wrote:
V3.2.15.25 just got released here i sweden.

Message 43 of 72
Mickenordin
Guide

Tru the app. I search for an update manualy.
Message 44 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Seems that NG is slowly pushing this new version out.

Enjoy. 

Message 45 of 72
McLong
Apprentice

Confirmed. FW updated in the Pacific Northwest this AM.
Message 46 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Seems like its slowly being pushed out and populated. 

Message 47 of 72
Nsiddons
Apprentice

3.2.15.25 just showed up in my web ui good luck guys

Message 48 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. I hope it works well for you. Seems to have fixed some items I've been seeing. Thank you NG. 

@Nsiddons wrote:

3.2.15.25 just showed up in my web ui good luck guys

Message 49 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Just put my RBK853 online in AP Mode. Both RBS are ethernet connected with Gb switches in between. I see my microcell is working now as well while connected behind the RBR in AP mode. Didn't work like this before. FW seems to be getting better. 

I'll be testing router mode here next. One last issue is NAT Filter and xbox NAT was not working right on all prior versions of FW. Smiley Frustrated

More to come. 

THank you for the improvements NG. Smiley Wink

Message 50 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7