Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No WiFi is seen on a laptop - Orbi AX4200 RBK753-100NAS -

ZmeyGorunuch
Aspirant

No WiFi is seen on a laptop - Orbi AX4200 RBK753-100NAS -

Actually, this is Orbi WiFi 6, AX4200 Mesh, RBK753-100NAS (in email from Netgear, it is named differently - RBR750) with 2 satelltes. But the Netgear engine does not have this model name. I just bought the router (+2 satellites) and set-up it using Netgear app, and it works well on all my Apple devices. Bu my corporate Dell laptop (Latitude 7280) does not see this network as Wi Fi, while 1) sees many WiFi networks of my neighbors and 2) gets connected to the Internet only when wired with the Satellite through an ethernet cable. I called to my work support, they connected remotely to the laptope and were not able to resolve the issue. They advised to contact Netgear to resolve this issue - to enable the laptor seeing the Netgear router (I do not have modem). Can you please help before I contact Netgear tech support?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No WiFi is seen on a laptop - Orbi AX4200 RBK753-100NAS -

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling AX mode as last resort...

Message 2 of 6
ZmeyGorunuch
Aspirant

Thank you for responding! The router has firmware (I read it through the app): V3.2.15.25_1.3.15, it was updated during the router installation several days ago. The distance bewteen the router and the satellite (closest to laptop) is indeed about 30 feet or less (there are house walls between them). For two other tips (pasted below), I was unable to find these settings in my computer. I believe, I have Windows 10, then came to settings/WiFi, but there were not "Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings", but different otions (WiFi Sense, Hotspot2 networks, Paid WiFi services). Though, it is corporate (government) laptop, and I cannot exclude it has some difference in organization of settings. We also are limited in changing them, so in many cases I have contact our tech support for such. Should I ask them about it now? Also, in the 123-page Manual for the router I took from Netgear site, such situation is not described, but just mentioned briefly.

"Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling AX mode as last resort..."

Message 3 of 6
gb777
Apprentice

Your computer uses an Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 8265, which NetGear considers "old".

Follow the instructions here: https://kb.netgear.com/000060384/My-Windows-device-is-not-detecting-my-AX-router-s-wireless-network-...

Message 4 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

@ZmeyGorunuch wrote:

Bu my corporate Dell laptop (Latitude 7280) does not see this network as Wi Fi, while 1) sees many WiFi networks of my neighbors and 2) gets connected to the Internet only when wired with the Satellite through an ethernet cable

Go to the admin website (orbilogin.com), Advanced... Advanced... Wireless Settings, change CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.  This corrects most of my wireless compatibility issues.

If your work laptop still doesn't see your Orbi wireless network, try unchecking Enable AX in Advanced... Setup... Wireless.  I haven't had to resort to that for my IoT devices and it would be a shame to disable AX on your nifty new AX Wireless router.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if changing the CTS values or disabling AX mode helps any. 

@ZmeyGorunuch wrote:

Thank you for responding! The router has firmware (I read it through the app): V3.2.15.25_1.3.15, it was updated during the router installation several days ago. The distance bewteen the router and the satellite (closest to laptop) is indeed about 30 feet or less (there are house walls between them). For two other tips (pasted below), I was unable to find these settings in my computer. I believe, I have Windows 10, then came to settings/WiFi, but there were not "Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings", but different otions (WiFi Sense, Hotspot2 networks, Paid WiFi services). Though, it is corporate (government) laptop, and I cannot exclude it has some difference in organization of settings. We also are limited in changing them, so in many cases I have contact our tech support for such. Should I ask them about it now? Also, in the 123-page Manual for the router I took from Netgear site, such situation is not described, but just mentioned briefly.

"Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling AX mode as last resort..."

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7