Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Wifi6/AX connection on Satellite

chinsk
Aspirant

No Wifi6/AX connection on Satellite

I am noticing that when I am connected to the RBS850 satellite I am not connecting via WiFi6/802.11ax, but when I connect to the main RBR850 router I am.  Is this expected behavior or an issue?  The devices I am noticing this on are Samsung Galaxy S10s and Note 10+s.

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No Wifi6/AX connection on Satellite

I would factory reset both RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. I would temporarily bring the RBS into 20/30 feet distance range and setup the RBR. Then check the connection rate with your devices connected to the RBR. Be sure you turn OFF the wifi radios on these devices until after you get the RBS setup in it's temp location. After it's setup, turn ON the wifi radios on these devices and check the connection rate. If you can, please post screen captures of the rates on this devices please. 

I would download wifi sweet spots on one of these devices and run this live to see the rate the app is dectecting while the device is connected to the RBS while near the RBS, say 4 feet away? 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be connected to AX if your devices support AX mode. 

What FW are you using? 

Message 2 of 12
chinsk
Aspirant

3.2.7.2 on both

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset been performed on the RBR and RBS ands setup from scratch? 

Whats the distance between the RBR and RBS? 

Message 4 of 12
chinsk
Aspirant

Have not, these have been in service less than a week and went right from their out of box firmware to the current rev. Distance is maybe 50 feet give or take
Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

I would factory reset both RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. I would temporarily bring the RBS into 20/30 feet distance range and setup the RBR. Then check the connection rate with your devices connected to the RBR. Be sure you turn OFF the wifi radios on these devices until after you get the RBS setup in it's temp location. After it's setup, turn ON the wifi radios on these devices and check the connection rate. If you can, please post screen captures of the rates on this devices please. 

I would download wifi sweet spots on one of these devices and run this live to see the rate the app is dectecting while the device is connected to the RBS while near the RBS, say 4 feet away? 

Message 6 of 12
chinsk
Aspirant

Interesting, that did it.  Ended up just factory resetting both the router and satellite.

Thanks for the tip.

Side note:  Setup via the app is an unmitigated disaster, ended up having to manually power cycle the router to get it to complete once it got to the final "verifying you can connect to your network" spot.  Did the same thing when I initially set it up as well.

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad the RBS is working correctly. 

Be sure the Orbi app is updated...You can setup the Orbi using a PC and web browser as well. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
chinsk
Aspirant

Another observation, the white LED on the front of the router appears to stay on permenantly after this last reset.  Everything else seems to be working, is this supposed to be indicative of something?

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

It should be turning OFF. What happens if you turn OFF the RBR and ISP Modem. Then power ON the ISP modem first and let it sync, then power ON the RBR. You should see WHITE, BLUE, then OFF if everything is working right. 

Message 10 of 12
chinsk
Aspirant

I finally had a chance to sit down and mess with it.  Rebooting of the modem and router in any combination or order did not change the condition.  I ended up throwing another factory reset at the router which appeared to correct the issue.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad the reset worked for fix this. Thanks for letting us know. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7