Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No wifi name displayed

Teamgoroff
Aspirant

No wifi name displayed

PLease HELP!!!

I have been trying to get my Orbi RBX50 setup all day.  It first seemed to be working correctly but then got caught in a loop when it tried to update the firmware.  After that It would not work, connect or anything.  I did a hard reset in hopes to try again.

Now, the green power light is on, the top light is flashing white and it WONT even show a wifi network.  Every troublshooting topic through the app and online tells you to connect to the Orbi wifi network.  The Orbi wifi network will not display...

Now what?

-Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Bandito
Luminary

Re: No wifi name displayed

The white flashing light on top means that the router is booting up.  If it doesn't stop flashing, that would indicate that it is stuck in some sort of boot loop, likely due to a failed firmware update.  If this is the case, I'm afraid that your only option is to seek a replacement unit.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

When you tried the hardware reset, have you pressed the reset button with a paperclip until the green power LED starts blinking amber?

Message 2 of 6
Teamgoroff
Aspirant

Yes,  and I did this a number of times. by myself and with the tech on the phone.

I currently have a green power light and the top light is blinking white (slowly).  

How do I do a fireware rest if I cant get anything to recognize the router?

Message 3 of 6
Bandito
Luminary

The white flashing light on top means that the router is booting up.  If it doesn't stop flashing, that would indicate that it is stuck in some sort of boot loop, likely due to a failed firmware update.  If this is the case, I'm afraid that your only option is to seek a replacement unit.

Message 4 of 6
Teamgoroff
Aspirant

That's what I was afraid of.

I started the process with Customer Support (sent an email as directed by Tech Support).  Waiting for them to get back to me so I can get this moving.

The router that came with my service is terrible. It keeps dropping.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please remember to post in the Orb AC forum for you model Orbi for your future needs. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Hope NG can resolve this for you. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7